Forums are back in action! ×

After joining Nerd Fitness this summer I began exercising regularly for about a month.  I completed a couple of weeks of the Recruit Workout followed by a couple of weeks of the first bodyweight workout phase.  However, I sorta fell off after that and have gotten little to no exercise since mid-August.  In early October, at a weight of 248lb. (I am a 6'1" male) I decided to do a Whole30.  I completed the Whole30, losing 11 pounds over the month of October.  I did some "off-roading" last weekend after the Whole30 but then returned to that style of eating this past week and lost an additional 4 pounds, so I am down to 233 now.  

I am looking to start exercising again.  My challenge is that I have an extremely demanding work schedule as I work three jobs.  Additionally I have a two year old daughter which is a time consuming job in and of itself.  My experience is that I am destined to fail if I start off by saying I am going to do strength training three days a week.  I am not opposed to working up to that, however I know from experience I won't stick to that if I just jump into it.  I am looking for suggestions as to how I can begin exercising regularly and sustain that habit in spite of a challenging schedule.  I have a gym membership that I never use, along with a small area at home for bodyweight exercise.  I live in the suburbs of New York City where it is still nice enough outside to exercise if necessary.  I am open to all sorts of suggestions.

Thanks all!  Looking forward to keeping this community up to date on my progress. 

We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.