Forums are back in action! ×

I took too many bad side quests...

So, I'm back at this again. 28 lbs heavier than last time I started. A few years back, I was working 3 - midnight and that gave me a whol lot of alone time. I started working out and lost ~128 lbs. I was at 338 and got down to 220 in about a year and a half or so. I was watching what I ate and working out about 6 hours a week. I decided to move in alone right next to work thinking tthat it would give me more free time, so I could spend time with friends. I ended up working more because I lived so close, I ended up trying to get a promotion because I aquired some good skills working the shift I used to work alone. I was able to spend more time with friends, but this usually revolved around meals and drinks out somewhere. Next thing I knew, I was struggling to run the same mileage. I lived close to work, so I was ashamed that someone might see me running, or afraid that they might talk to me. The gym I was going to was way too far away and the gym near work had too many people I worked with or lived near to want to go to it. The nexxt year and a half as basically me failing at trying to get back into a workout routine while also trying to perform my new tasks at work while the company had just got bought out, people were getting laid off and/or quiting left and right, and resources were very tight. I ended up moving further away from work and a year later, tried to start shifting my focus back to my life instead of my work.

That brings me back to a month or so ago. I was 366 and since then have lost about 5 lbs. I restarted Couch to 5K and joined Nerd Fitness and hopefully can find a good work/life balance this time, as I am once again living with my kid and her mother. Her mother and I are not together, which is a mixed blessing. She does not share my same goals, so this time around, things are a little tougher. Whatever I do from here on out has to be sustainable and also involves me seperating myself from work, continuing to try and get ahead in my career, dragging The Baby Momma with me on at least the nutrition part, while still trying to get back into working out and losing weight, and still find a few hours in the week to hang out with my kid and get in some video game time.

I feel like I retired my character, came back to see that they increased the level cap, nerfed all my gear, put me in a group with a bunch of RPers who dont care about XP, and I not only have to learn new rules, but level up and help others level up as well. 

So... Here's to it. May Gygax bless my rolls.

Good luck. Sounds like you know the path you need to take and have started walking it.

Dustoff 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Human Rebel

-----------------------------------------------------------

Main Quest: Below 20% Body Fat  | Starting: 34% | Goal: 20% | Current: 32.5% |

14.3%
14.3%

Main Quest 2: Lose 50 lbs  | Starting Weight: 250 lbs. | Goal Weight: 200 lbs. | Current Weight: 246.5 lbs |

7%
7%