Forums are back in action! ×

Long time listener, first time caller

:nevreness:

Hi. I've been reading this site for a few months, and I don't know, something clicked about the idea of leveling up. I have spent more time than I care to admit chasing around low level enemies in games for no other reason than it was the best way to pick up gil/rupees/whatever. What if I actually used the concept to do something about me? The mind boggles.

Quick stats: 5'8" mid-30's lady, currently 227, worst was 275. Goal weight is 145. It's been over a year since I started working on this, and mainly all I've been doing is counting calories. Not the quality of the calories, mind you, just the amount. I know it's not a good plan, but I had to start somewhere. Still trying to move past this stage into not eating fast food all the time and struggling with a carb addiction.

In response to exercise my stock answer was always "I'm much more of a reader..." Gym class was a class I purposely failed because I didn't see the point in embarrassing myself any more than was necessary. I joined a gym last year, and though I was shown how to use most of the machines, it still looks like an alien world to me. So instead of just putzing around I have set a goal: I will complete my first 5K in April. I worked the C25K program, which made it actually seem achievable. I recently injured my back, so I will be starting from scratch again within the next week or two (under dr's care), but at least now I won't have to go as far back as when I started.

I'm glad to see other people putting in their postings that they are shy. I've suffered from that my whole life as well. It really has made motivation challenging, because there was only me to kick myself into gear. I tried to get my husband going as well, but he's just not ready to make a full commitment to it yet. Both he and my family try to be supportive. It can be hard to talk about it to people not in the same boat; sometimes I feel like they think I'm bragging, other times they don't have a frame of reference. I'm super excited if I can get .01 farther on the treadmill in the same amount of time, because I know it means I'm getting better. Not everyone gets that.

Glad to be a part of the rebellion. Hoping to surprise myself with how I can change my life.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to NF! I think you'll find a lot of great support and resources from this community - people here are friendly, non-judgmental, and willing to help you reach your goals! So go for it, and if you have any questions, feel free to just throw things out on the forums and you'll get answers.

Best of luck to you, and we're glad you're here! You can do it! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

Guest Snake McClain

what up! *rap hands*

I'm gonna say I was never big..always rail thin...disgustingly so, but gym class wasn't good to me either. Quite embarassing. We are with you and behind you. Plenty of info here and you can do this.