Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the Windy City

...and, as of yesterday, the Snowy City. Ah, well...this nice, non-wintry weather couldn't hold out forever.

This is Curt, from Chicago...stumbled upon NerdFitness last fall, but it drifted to the back of my mind until a couple weeks back when I saw a tweet by Steve, and it all came rushing back to me. "A website? For people like me? Focused on fitness? The heck you say!"

So, finally registered, read the recommended articles, and figure I should dive headfirst into the community (after carefully checking that I'm not in the shallow end before I do so).

A little more about me. Nerd Cred: Really into all aspects of pop culture, especially movies and anything game-related (board game, video game, RPG, etc). Plus karaoke...heh. Fitness Cred: Have been going to gym on and off since college (mostly on), but haven't necessarily been pushing myself as much as I could be, so don't have the endurance/conditioning I should have (I've been using the Men's Health Online Trainer for quite a while now, but need to optimize how I use it...if I keep using it). Downside...diet. Love food, love dining with friends...but if I had my diet under control, given how much time I spend working out, I'd be doing so much better than I am now...damn 80/20 rule. So that's definitely my weak spot...

Really hope to be a regular contributor here!

I've found the hardest thing is walking into the gym. Once I do, I'm (er...usually) pretty committed. It's not getting sidetracked on the walk up the street...that's the tricky part. But walking through the front door? About 80% of the hardest part is taken care of once you do that.