Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy!

I am a 30-something father of two from Texas. By day, I work a desk job as an e-learning developer. After the kids go to bed, I am usually fiddling on the guitar or playing Minecraft or a computer RPG (missing my days of pencil & paper).

I was morbidly obese for about 15 years with multiple failed attempts at weight loss. Through diet changes and walking, I have transformed from a 320 lb weakling to a 200 lb weakling over the last 20 months - pics below. The weight loss has gradually slowed, so it is time to level up, get strong, and finish what I started. I look forward to continuing this adventure with you!

As far as nutrition goes, I will be pretty much sticking with what I am doing - not that different except for the Paleo bit. I will be starting on the Rebel Fitness Plan next week. I have always sucked at exercise, usually starting too hard and getting sick or hurt. I feel awkward or embarrassed at the gym at first because of my weight, and now because of my weakness. I really love the simplicity, gentle introduction, and flexible modifications that Steve's plan offers. It meets me where I am physically and is focused on improving my fitness safely and realistically rather than focusing on unattainable progressions and rapid gains.

My initial goal is to complete all workouts to the best of my ability between now and V-day. At that point I may set some specific improvement goals, but right now I have no clue of where I am, and just sticking with a resistance program will be an achievement. My secondary goal is to continue monitoring my intake, and give processed foods a more critical eye.

[table=width: 400]

th_2010-04324.jpg

th_composite-front-14mo.jpg

th_composite-side-14mo.jpg

324 - April '10

281 - 205

Oct '10 - Jan '12

[/table]