Forums are back in action! ×

Sunflower Farmers Market

I live in Oklahoma City and we got our first Sunflower Farmers Market and a Whole Foods Market. Since I can't afford Whole Foods I figured I'd give Sunflower a try. I was pleasantly surprised that their prices are actually decent.I got a 32oz container of raw honey for less than ten dollars.At a local discount grocery store it would have actually been a bit more for the same amount. They also had almond butter for $4.99 a pound though I did not buy any this week. The meats are from grass fed animals and again the price was not as high as I thought they would be.

Oh, I assumed it was a real farmer's market. If you have one near you it would be worth checking out too. Our's has local organic produce much, much cheaper than at the supermarket and local grass fed meat somewhat cheaper.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Oh, I assumed it was a real farmer's market. If you have one near you it would be worth checking out too. Our's has local organic produce much, much cheaper than at the supermarket and local grass fed meat somewhat cheaper.

We do have some traditional farmers markets around here. I have not visited them in quite a while so next weekend I will probably check out one or two. I am going to look around at Akins Natural Foods market too since it is close to Sunflower.

We have a couple of those here, good prices most of the time. And ours does double sale prices on Wednesdays... which mean the sale prices for the last week and the upcoming week are both valid on the same day. Its a drive so I don't get there often enough. Their chicken sausage is delicious.

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy

We have a couple of those here, good prices most of the time. And ours does double sale prices on Wednesdays... which mean the sale prices for the last week and the upcoming week are both valid on the same day. Its a drive so I don't get there often enough. Their chicken sausage is delicious.

I bet it is. Ours has double sale Wednesdays too. I am going to have to try that chicken sausage.