Forums are back in action! ×

Facepalm

A few weeks ago I bought my friend The Paleo Solution. Yesterday, I saw him eating what's attached for lunch.

#epicfail

There's a lesson to be learned from this, I guess, though it has been said more elegantly by other folks: your words will fall on deaf ears unless your audience is really ready for a change. Until then, some folks are going to eat ramen noodle sandwiches, and others are going to...not do that.

Can anyone else relate?

post-4082-13567243311811_thumb.jpg

A noodle sandwich??

Was your friend wanting to start Paleo eating?

In relating terms, a friend was asking for super-low-cal snacks etc "because you've lost weight" and I hgave her a few ideas about NON super-low-cal snacks, talked about not starving herself and etc yada yada yada.

A few days later she talked about how she had to make milkshakes for her son every day because he was getting jealous that she was having one.. "you know, my meal replacement shakes." :/

I am laughing here because when my hubby and I were in college (been together almost 30 years!) his fraternity cook was great and on spaghetti nights she would leave out the leftovers and late night we would make spaghetti sandwiches on white bread with butter after drinking a bunch of beer....I think back on that now and just cringe!

Seriously, even in my own extended family my discussion falls on deaf ears...if they really want to change, they will do the same thing you did. Find the right info and follow their path. Until then its like talking to someone who is underwater.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

Hahaha. @ebm at least a worm sandwich would be higher in protein than ramen!

There is a difference between what people want to do and what they actually do.. cognitive dissonance.

Maybe Duran, you could invite him around for a paleo meal? that'd blow his socks off and his stomach wouldn't know what hit it.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger