Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings, Fellow Rebels!

Greetings, fellow rebels!

I go by the name "Elric" on the internet. I'm male, 18 years old and currently attending college, among other things.

I've been a huge nerd for most of my life. I was introduced to Star Wars and other geeky culture as a small child. I'm also a big gamer (both the electronic and tabletop variety) and consumer of anime and manga. I also enjoy reading traditional comics (Marvel, DC, etc.), though I'm still working on my collection.

I joined the Nerdfitness lifestyle November 5th, so I'm getting into my third week thus far. I've been adapting to a mostly-paleo way of eating, and I'm really enjoying it. I've found that I'm eating much more balanced foods and drinking more water than I have in the past. I originally thought drinking 2-3 liters of water per day was insane, but now that I've cutout liquid calories and started exercising more, drinking that much water, or more, feels natural.

When I began on November 5th, I measured in at 5"9 in height and 215lbs. I measured my body-fat-percentage a couple of different ways, and found I'm somewhere between 30-33% body fat.

I want to get healthier in every way I can, but my main goal is to half my body fat percentage by Anime North 2016, which is 6 months and some change away.

Losing 15% body fat in 6 months? Let's do it!

Hi Elric! Great goal, you can do it!

I'd love to know if you found it hard adjusting to mostly-Paleo eating? I've tried a couple times but it hasn't quite stuck yet.

I've found adjusting to eating mostly-Paleo was easier than some of the other diets I've tried in the past. I really enjoy eating meat and other protein-rich foods, and meat is something that other diets limit sometimes. Not having that restriction on protein (and to a degree, healthy fats) really helps.

I've also tried to incorporate some form of vegetable in most of my meals, even if it's something super simple. I'll add spinach (the leafy kind, not the stuff in a can) to my eggs for breakfast, for example.

I also recently got a copy of "Nom Nom Paleo" by Michelle Tam.  It's been fantastic for cooking different Paleo meals through the week. I had Bacon Burgers and Sweet Potato Hash for dinner the other night. 'Twas delicious. I'd definitely recommend trying the book if you haven't already.

I've found adjusting to eating mostly-Paleo was easier than some of the other diets I've tried in the past. I really enjoy eating meat and other protein-rich foods, and meat is something that other diets limit sometimes. Not having that restriction on protein (and to a degree, healthy fats) really helps.

I've also tried to incorporate some form of vegetable in most of my meals, even if it's something super simple. I'll add spinach (the leafy kind, not the stuff in a can) to my eggs for breakfast, for example.

I also recently got a copy of "Nom Nom Paleo" by Michelle Tam.  It's been fantastic for cooking different Paleo meals through the week. I had Bacon Burgers and Sweet Potato Hash for dinner the other night. 'Twas delicious. I'd definitely recommend trying the book if you haven't already.

I may have to look into this book. :)

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria