Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

My name is Raven, and I'm super excited about getting started here! I've always done some sort of workout-ness, but I find it really hard to stay motivated outside of my dojo or classroom.

Yes, dojo! I've practiced karate for about six years now-- four years of KataiTeRyu, and most recently, coming up on two years, Hawaiian Kenpo.

I also enjoy dance-- HipHop and Ballet mostly. And parkour, though I am relatively new as far as that is concerned.

Outside of fitness stuff, I enjoy:

Playing video games (Skyrim, Portal, Battlefront...)

Learning foreign languages (Japanese being my favorite, which I've studied about three years)

Watching tv shows and anime (SuperWhoLock, FullMetal Alchemist, anything Marvel or DC...)

Reading books (classics as well as several current popular books)

Playing music (piano, violin, and ocarina-- used to be into drums, but had to sell them when I went to college)

In short, I love learning new things, and it can be hard to get motivated enough to put down my books and laptop to exercise.

Current skillset-wise, I am more of a Druid/Monk, because I already practice karate, taichi, and meditation, however, I would like to branch out and become more proficient as an Assassin as well. A "Monsassuid", I suppose?

I look forward to getting to know you people!

• Like 1

Raven

Moon Elf Assassin

STR 2 : DEX 3 : CON 1 : STA 1 : WIS 3 : CHA 1

Martial Artist : Polyglot : Dancer : Geek : Traceur

Goals:

Freestanding Handstand

Benchpress .5 Weight

15 Minute Run

Pull Up

Splits

Hi Raven!

Your hobbies (both fitness and non-fitness related) sound amazing! That's why I joined NF, you can find people with different and interesting backgrounds. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting motivated. I'm new here and already feeling more encouraged than I've ever been! Good luck!

Hi!  Nice to meet you!

Thanks! 

So far I've felt super motivated, now I just hope it stays the course!

Also, it's nice to meet a fellow Skyrim-er!  ^.^

Raven

Moon Elf Assassin

STR 2 : DEX 3 : CON 1 : STA 1 : WIS 3 : CHA 1

Martial Artist : Polyglot : Dancer : Geek : Traceur

Goals:

Freestanding Handstand

Benchpress .5 Weight

15 Minute Run

Pull Up

Splits

Hi!  Nice to meet you!

Thanks! 

So far I've felt super motivated, now I just hope it stays the course!

Also, it's nice to meet a fellow Skyrim-er!  ^.^

Same here :) I feel super motivated but I fear it's one of my many temporary motivation phases... Hopefully not!

I was actually a bit late to discover Skyrim. It was released in 2011, right? I just started playing a few months ago *facepalm*

Do you mind if I add you as a friend? :rolleyes:  I'm new here too and I really want to make friends to share our progress and encourage each other.