Forums are back in action! ×

LadyCapka joins the party

Hi everyone,

I'm a big fan of the idea of "leveling up" my life rather than just working out forever without goals. I used to be big into running and was getting decent at half marathons, but a slipped disc and a slightly bulging disc in my lower back last year stopped all that abruptly. The back is still an issue on some days, but I've found that working out actually makes it feel better. Sitting on the couch is the worst for it. I like to think that I'm 90% healed, but still need to make a conscious effort to keep good form and posture.

I've found my clothes no longer fit as well since my running days. I haven't even gained five pounds, but my muscle mass has redistributed to fat. I want to be strong again. I am mostly interested in getting back to running but the back injury made me realize that there is more I need to do. My injury boiled down to muscle imbalance putting too much strain on the lower back. I'm only 25. I'm too young for this to be a problem. So now I'm on a journey to level up my flexibility and strength in order to become the best scout I can be. I joined a yoga studio to help with flexibility. I started the BBWW a couple of weeks ago, and I love it! I also recently got back to intermittent running on the treadmill and use a fitbit to count steps all day. 

Hope to see you along my journey.

• Like 2