Forums are back in action! ×

No longer a Lane Bryant customer!

Last night my boyfriend and I went shopping for some business clothing so I can find a better job. I tried on a bunch of clothes from a bunch of stores. I told him I believed I was a size 16 regular instead of womens because lately everything in the plus sizes has been fitting all wrong. Well I think it's safe to say after last night I can formally say: I can no longer fit plus sizes clothing!

This is a big deal for me because 6 years ago - long story short - I did pretty heavy duty production work while pregnant and after I gave birth to my daughter, I was sick for a good two years. After that my allergies and asthma exploded and I still have health issues that have not been diagnosed because no doctor here will take me serious. I put on weight, went from a size 12 to 22 (140 to 235 lbs) and felt like my body was batting for the other team.

I still have 10 lbs to go to get to my goal of 180 lbs but realizing I can purchase clothes in regular sizes (ie: easier to find and more selection) makes me feel like I am in control of my body!

A few months ago, my boyfriend asked me what I would do when I couldn't shop at Lane Bryant anymore... I feel like now I can go back to kicking butt like I used to! Here's to anther 40lbs off!

Punchy Poo poo! SOOOOOO awesome! doing the happy dance for you! What I also love, besides you having to go to another store to shop is the fact that you are in transition but you didn't wait to get some new clothes until you were finished, you wanted to make yourself look good "while" doing it--and that is something few women do and it is a KEY to feeling better and having more confidence during the transition! Keep on ROCKIN it!

As for asthma and allergies have you checked for mold, insects in the walls or rodents in your home? Just saying...these trigger a lot of reparatory issues in folks and most are hidden away in the walls.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

As for asthma and allergies have you checked for mold, insects in the walls or rodents in your home? Just saying...these trigger a lot of reparatory issues in folks and most are hidden away in the walls.

Yeah unfortunately I rent and the rental company is less than sympathetic. I know I could have my unit inspected, but I honestly can't afford it. In the next couple of months, my boyfriend's Grandma is planning on purchasing a twin home that she'll rent to me for dirt cheap. I'm sure she'd be willing to help me make sure it's me-safe as she is a respiratory nurse.

Yeah unfortunately I rent and the rental company is less than sympathetic. I know I could have my unit inspected, but I honestly can't afford it.

As a landlord, I can tell you that 99.9% of that whole black mold is utter hype and all other mold can be wiped off with bleach.

What you might be interested in is the amount of people who say their asthma stopped when they stopped eating wheat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_allergy

http://wellnessmama.com/3486/do-you-have-a-wheat-belly-interview-with-dr-davis/

What you might be interested in is the amount of people who say their asthma stopped when they stopped eating wheat.

Mine hasn't stopped, but it's improved a lot. Total frustration with how my body was falling apart is what lead me to Paleo last fall. I was so sick all the time and every time I went to the doctor, they kept telling me I had sinus infections and the flu. I had "the flu" for 6 weeks once - couldn't keep much in my stomach for very long. I had "sinus infection" after "sinus infection" and was on antibiotics then steroids. Then there were the migraines and the anixety and the muscle aches - my body hurt all the time. And what I felt was the worst thing, the exhaustion. I was told that was due to either my allergies or depression. I spent 2 years on a cocktail of antidepressants which just screwed me up more and at one time I was taking 5 different allergy medications (also allergy shots which for some reason are extremely painful). I used to budget $200/month for medical expenses and honestly the bills kept piling up (I was unemployed for about 18 months because I couldn't keep a job).

Now I would say I'm almost normal. The last time I was legitimately sick (with fever + cold symptoms) was October 12th so that's very good for me. My athsma is much better controlled, but smells still really set me off. I don't have anxiety or muscle aches, haven't had a migraine in a few months. I still don't have the energy that I want to have, but that's still improved a lot. I can work and go to college and raise my kids now, so that's a plus. I can also eat food and not have to run to the bathroom anymore.

I suppose I should have said how I lost the weight in the first place. I was really excited when I started this thread. :)