Forums are back in action! ×

Current motivation

I was chilling out, having a think, while updating my NF blog and my fitocracy - And I've realised that lately for some reason I am generally super motivated.

Before now, I had the ambition but not the drive to get stuff done. Not just fitness but other tasks that need doing from the ever expanding 'must do' list! Im actually annoyed that i have to sleep, because I could be getting something done!

I was reading a lot of reddit's GetMotivated recently, and that's had a small part to do with it, but the thought of getting something done... Its like running downhill in the sun. It feels amazing and I don't want it to stop! Every day I accomplish something, or take another step towards a long term goal, be it working out at the gym, or finishing a long forgotten project.

In this realisation it has become apparent that its not 1 video or story that's got me going, its a small combination of some quotes, laced with some videos, aswell as role models that I personally look up to. For fitness, its Alexander Skarsgård - The actor who played the blonde dude in True Blood. Didn't like the series very much, but he has an awesome figure that I want. A Film called 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' gets me pumped... its the story of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. Its their attitudes depicted in the films that make me want to knuckle down and flesh out the ideas I have for businesses.

All this stuff has been around for years, but somehow recently everything is coming into focus. I'm still the same person as I was before, but now I want more from life. I don't think I can do/be better I KNOW I can. I want to get fitter to look better, but more than that, I want to be able to keep up with my mates when we go climbing or cycling.

This will not be a phase!

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?