Forums are back in action! ×

So excited to join this community!

Hi, everyone!

I'm 21, in college, and have been reading NF posts for a while but I decided it was about time I officially joined the Rebellion myself! Over the last year or so I've been building up a pretty regular bodyweight workout schedule, and I've just started running in the last couple of months. Fitness apps like You Are Your Own Gym, a bodyweight workout app, and Couch to 10k, have helped me a lot, but I'd like to start creating my own workout routines adding dumbbell exercises.

Currently, my workout schedule is Mon. running, Tues. push exercises (chest, shoulders, triceps), Wed. running and core, Thurs. pull exercises (back, biceps), Fri. running, Sat. legs, Sun. rest. I'm feeling pretty good recently since I feel like I've finally fallen into a regular routine, but now I want to work on my diet. Proper nutrition has always been intimidating to me, since it seemed so complicated, but I've started easing myself into Paleo in the last couple of days.

Some of my goals are: running a 5k, 10k, Spartan Race, and the NYC marathon. Also, I want to get consider myself a "fit" person. To me that means that I exercises regularly (both weights and cardio), eat well, and know what I am doing in both of those things. Also, I would really like abs.

What I'm really most excited about now, though, is joining this community. I'm been lurking the forums for a while, and you all seems like such a great bunch. Soooo, yeah, looking forward to starting this journey with all of you!

• Like 1

Hey welcome aboard!

Looks great so far - if you can keep the workout schedule up you'll be running that marathon in no time.

And I think with regards to eating - easing your way into it is definitely the way to go, unless you've got some iron willpower! I've found for me personally focusing on making one meal a day a healthier choice is a manageable step to start with. If it's not breakfast, then try lunch, then dinner sort of thing...

Good luck!

Welcome!!! 

I'm a 33 y.o. mother of 3, wife to 1. I float between veganism and omnivorism, but will focus on Paleo during this mini challenge.  I am a drama/dance/English teacher.  Class: Aspiring Assassin.

Main quest: Lose 10% body fat [0/10%]

Sub-quest 1: Cook one new recipe per week [0/2]   

Sub-quest 2: Walk 6,000+ steps per day [0/2]   

Sub-quest 3: Read 1 book for pleasure  [0/1]

My mini-quests for this challenge:

1.)  I will do the body weight challenge X1, 3 days per week.  Anything less? FAIL!

2.)  I will focus on a Paleo lifestyle, allowing dairy intermittently, but no to sugar and carbs except on weekends!  And I will only drink water on a daily basis (over 64 fl oz).

3.)  I will respond in writing and with positivity per week to 5 or more other newbie NF rebels working on challenges (stolen from a friend!)

Mini challenge: +1WIS