Forums are back in action! ×

Hi I'm Lee, I'm new, and I'm a yogiholic.

I'm not really a yogiholic but it's been my "workout of the day" for months now.

Anyway...some things about me - I have been interested in fitness and nutrition since I stepped on a scale in a bathroom at a loft party that my band was playing at in 2000 and it read 22something. I stepped off as soon as I saw that I weighed in the 220s. That was my moment of clarity. I lost about 50 pounds slowly over 18 months as I began to pay attention to my food and workouts. Since then I have been tooling and retooling and trying to get lean and strong. I had a setback 2 years ago as I had a major knee surgery (tibial tubercle + cartilage transplant + 2 screws) but I am now back on track. The setback was more for strength and mobility and less weight control. I have weighed roughly the same, 175, since 2004. I am 6 feet tall. According to my latest DEXA scan I am 11.8%BF. My goal is 9%. I will get there slowly. My latest 5k was 23:18 and I want to improve on that to 21:00, then 20:00. I will do it.

More things about me - I am a father of three. I drink bourbon. I photograph things. I swim and run. I try to eat Paleo. I fast. I work in Boston, live in Maine. I infrequently post about my journey here. I don't count calories, though I did when I went from 22something to 175.

I joined here to offer as much advice/input as I am seeking. I feel like I have a lot to offer and learn and basically wake up every day looking to augment the knowledge I have gained about fitness and nutrition. At 38, with mobility issues in my knee, there's a lot I can't do with weights, but that isn't stopping me from getting more fit and one of my interests is how to properly work around injuries so as to not further injure. I feel super strong some days and like a 3 legged table other days. I'm here to tweak and help others tweak. I don't overdo things. I just do them.

Thanks,

Lee

Welcome to the Rebellion! It's awesome that you've found ways to continue your fitness goals after that mega surgery, and I'm sure that your input and knowledge will be great to have on the boards.

Glad you're here!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)