Forums are back in action! ×

New Warrior - Rawr

I don't have a pic handy to get started, but I'll come back later on and get one posted.

I "discovered" a new passion for strength training a little over a month ago and started doing research.  Watching videos, reading articles, and learning everything I could.  Been hitting the gym since the beginning of Thanksgiving week this year, and tweaking my workout every visit to fit my goals and experiences.  I'm working for size right now, but as I get more comfortable with the form, I'll switch my workout and start working purely on powerlifting with occasional swaps to bodybuilding.

I started out at 296 lbs on November 23rd.  I'm now 302 lbs.  My first few weeks have seen significant gains in muscle mass in my legs, shoulders, and back, as well as fat loss that's visibly noticeable.  (People who don't know I'm working out are asking me if I'm losing weight.)  I can already see the difference myself, too, which just makes me excited to get back to the gym every day.

My workouts are still focused on form and reps, which is (apparently) great for building size and is having noticeable improvements on my strength as well.

I'm glad to have found the Nerd Fitness community, and the positive people on these forums are great.