Forums are back in action! ×

Getting rid of a Haematoma.

Hi Guys, just joined up to site recently and gearing up to start my first challenge in the new year. In preparation for this I would like to be able to get back in to weight training in the new year but have a hematoma on my upper leg that is making putting weight on my leg difficult. Walking is fine, Running, Hills, Stairs etc are a no go, and I assume this would give me difficulty trying to squat and DL.

Had the pesky thing for about 8 weeks now, and the story of how I got it is a doozy. Had bother trying to drop a deuce for a few days, and one night thought the moment was nigh but expected it to take a while, took up the ipad with me and hunkered down with an episode of TBBT. It came and went but with no number 2 in sight, I gave up, as I had been on the John for so long and sitting with the ipad I had cut the circulation to my legs, and down I went like a sack of spuds as soon as I tried to get up. Couldn't get the feeling back for five minutes or so so was left with some further quiet contemplation on the floor for a bit.

However I Digress, thought I would share that as I find it hilarious. Went to docs and she told me that I had haematoma and should follow RICE for a few days and swelling should subside, any-ways went back last week and she said it could take two to three months perhaps for it to go away. Obviously don't want to wait that long to get going, anyone had any experience with these before that could share any ways I can help get the swelling down.

Link to my Current Challenge Here

Please follow me and show support on MFP and Fitbit

Challenge1 2
Epic goal of losing 50 pounds this year

so ... you have a bruise on your butt?  On your thigh?  Not quite getting the picture here.

Swelling from a bruise should go away in a few days.  If it doesn't, you might have a hydration problem.  Cut some sugar and sodium from your diet, drink more water, and try again.

By the way, it may not be my place to judge what others do on the toilet, but before you bring your ipad into the bathroom next time, you might bear in mind that:

1) the device has an open Internet connection, and a microphone and cameras on both sides*

2) some nasty bacteria live in bathrooms which you probably don't need all over a device you touch frequently,

3) bathrooms are full of hard surfaces and water, and iPads are prone to cracking and should not get wet.

just sayin'.  

*Of course it is unlikely your iPad is surreptitiously recording you, but nothing's beyond the jealousy of Apple, the greed of the government, or the foolery of hackers.  Stupider things have happened.  I just think it's not smart to expose a camera with a web connection to things you don't want it to see, even if it appears to be turned off.  You never know when some joker is going to use your SnackFace app for malicious purposes.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

so ... you have a bruise on your butt?  On your thigh?  Not quite getting the picture here.

Swelling from a bruise should go away in a few days.  If it doesn't, you might have a hydration problem.  Cut some sugar and sodium from your diet, drink more water, and try again.

By the way, it may not be my place to judge what others do on the toilet, but before you bring your ipad into the bathroom next time, you might bear in mind that:

1) the device has an open Internet connection, and a microphone and cameras on both sides*

2) some nasty bacteria live in bathrooms which you probably don't need all over a device you touch frequently,

3) bathrooms are full of hard surfaces and water, and iPads are prone to cracking and should not get wet.

just sayin'.  

*Of course it is unlikely your iPad is surreptitiously recording you, but nothing's beyond the jealousy of Apple, the greed of the government, or the foolery of hackers.  Stupider things have happened.  I just think it's not smart to expose a camera with a web connection to things you don't want it to see, even if it appears to be turned off.  You never know when some joker is going to use your SnackFace app for malicious purposes.

Location of it is just above my left knee, swelling is quite large around around about an inch by an inch and it's rock hard. As for the hydration I drink a minimum of 2 Litres of water daily do don't see that as a problem.

All in all it is manageable enough just a nuisance. As I say though would like to get back to workouts ASAP and think until it heals I am fairly limited in terms of what I can do.

Link to my Current Challenge Here

Please follow me and show support on MFP and Fitbit

Challenge1 2
Epic goal of losing 50 pounds this year