Forums are back in action! ×

I was overwhelmed by a full questlog, so I uninstalled...

... but now I'm re-installing with a clean slate, ready to take things at a slower pace - instead of feeling I need to do everything at once. 

Hi all, my name is Kath. I was here for a bit this past spring, and I was super hyped to be here. (Heck, I still am in love with this community - despite not being here for months & months.) I jumped in headfirst, making over my diet/physical activity/and mental health issues all at once. Drastically. This didn't work out, as you can see. 

After a few weeks I became overwhelmed by all of the change, and then life happened. My living situation became unstable, and as a result I was so stressed I couldn't muster the strength to stick with anything remotely healthy. I struggle with mental illness (I'm currently attempting to get disability) so any sort of change is extremely difficult for me to deal with. Now I was being torn by two changes - one of my own choosing (nerd fitness) and one uncontrollable (possibly having to move). Feeling I could only deal with one, I stopped hanging out with the rebels and focused on my move. 

It took, oh about 7 months? But eventually I did move, across the country, far away from Pacific Northwest to the Midwest. This was recent actually, I've been in my new house maybe a week now. (Living in cardboard city!) 

Although there is still change all around me, I have started thinking about my health again. The past few months have not been good for me, especially physically. I've been eating my stress and not moving much. Then, a few days ago, I remembered Nerd Fitness.

So here I am, tentatively.

I don't think I will join the coming challenge after New Year's, but I'm going to gradually make changes for my health. Socialize in the forums a bit, ask questions. Then, maybe by the NEXT challenge, I will be ready to jump in the fray again. Baby steps this time, not overwhelming myself with changes I can't adjust to.

I'm not setting anything in stone yet, but I figured writing here was the first step I could take. 

So hello again. :)

• Like 2

Hello and congratulations on the move.  Oh the fun of unpacking.  Baby steps are a good way to start and it sounds like you have a plan.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Keep it simple if you still have loads going on but that is pretty awesome if you are able to join in.  What kind of activities are you most interested in doing or enjoy doing already?

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

Hey if you like doing them then nothing cheesy about that.  Walking is great.  I walk home from work once in a while.  Great stress relief and any fitness level can get out and walk even if it just down the drive and back.  :)  Tried Zumba for something fun with a coworker.  Oh I was terribly uncoordinated and had everyone laughing.  If it is fun you are most likely to keep doing it.  It was free at work and I completed the 8 weeks of it.  Being in a group even with folks I did not know was great fun and motivating.  Sounds like a great start.  I look forward to finding your challenge and following along.

• Like 1

Hi Kath! I saw your signature and had to do a doubletake - INFP, Pisces, and Ravenclaw? I'm also those things! Coincidence? Or are we secretly the same person?

I checked your profile to find out and discovered we're thisclose to being born on the same day, in the very same year. (Also, sci-fi ftw!)

Srsly, is this real life.

So to sum up, I'm pretty sure that I'm meant to cheer you along on your fitness journey. Looking forward to following your first challenge when it gets posted! You're going to rock it.

Cheers,

Meaghan

• Like 1

Ballad

Level | Water Nymph | Druid

Current Challenge | Battle Log | Epic Quest

Past Challenges: I

"The first and best victory is to conquer self."