Forums are back in action! ×

Forearm stands and inches lost!

I'm a yoga teacher, but up until recently had a pretty big fear of going upside down. (I'm not strong enough/this is scary/I couldn't do it as a kid...etc. etc. etc. blah!) In the last 6 week challenge my goal was to kick up against the wall into a handstand. Done.

Yesterday, while practicing before teaching, I very casually, in the middle of the room, kicked up into a forearm stand (in sanskrit the term is 'pincha mayurasana'- feathered peacock pose) and held it for at least 10 seconds. OWNED.

We also are doing a body composition challenge at the Functional Training Center I work at (if any of you are from or ever pass through Denver, come check us out) and I've lost almost an inch from my waist since the first measurement right before Christmas.

Rock on.

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Hi guys! Somehow I missed out on the current 6 week challenge...my bad! It's been a crazy busy (in a good way!!) beginning to 2012. Denny you'll be proud of me-- I'm starting up gymnastics classes at the place I work. It scares the hell out of me but I am so excited!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!