Forums are back in action! ×

iPhone+ Gym Headphones

I have in-ear headphones too, both the cheap "marshmallow" ones you squish into your ear and some skullcandy with more flexible rubber inserts and both of them start falling out after about 10 minutes of running. I'm starting to think I'm a mutant because my freaking ears sweat like that and make them slip out. The iPhone headphones don't stay in my ears even when I'm just walking so these were my solution for running. Maybe I'll just have to learn to enjoy the ambient sounds on trail runs and such.

I'm dying to find a pair of headphones that have a longer cord that wraps around the back of your neck so that if they fall, they just fall to your shoulders. I find the behind the neck plastic band style ones super uncomfortable.

I remember seeing something like this a couple years back online, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Any ideas?

200lbs is always 200lbs.

Fitocracy

Blog

Portfolio

I used to have the same problem, until I got these pair of Panasonic sweat-proof in-ear phones and have been using them for months now. I think the two things you need to watch out for are A) the sweat (sweat-proof earphones basically remedies this) and B) the jack connecting the earphones to the iPhone.

What used to happen with me was that I would run with them, and the constant waving around of the jack tends to loosen the wires inside--so what I did was whenever I'd go to the gym/for a run, I'd clip the wire tight so that even if I move around, there's not enough slack for the jack to flap around.

It worked for me, so give it a shot! It's mostly the jack that gets effed, not really the sweat. Good luck!

I found the best pair of headphones I have had (to this point) in regards to working out.

www.yurbuds.com

Picked up a set at Best buy. Amazing. Once I got them to lock in, (it takes you a hot second to figure I out) - they were in like Flynn. No popping out, no sliding, just a great workout and best of all the cord is long enough to wrap around the back, and stay out of my way.

I added a small "hack", just a bit of rubber to create a loop, so that if they ever do fall, they don't travel as far. Most cords aren't long enough to do this.

Posted Image

That being said, I did weighted pullups and chinups and they didn't budge. Which is awesome.

JB

200lbs is always 200lbs.

Fitocracy

Blog

Portfolio