Forums are back in action! ×

Winter is Coming... and I really need a change!

Hi everyone! My name is Meghan Hill and I'm probably one of the youngest ones here. I'm 18 and just started my first semester at college majoring in mechanical and aerospace engineering. Since I've a arrived I've noticed some weight gain due to the lack of exercising and diet because of studying 24/7. I've had some trouble with weight before, mostly from my giant sweet tooth. Some other stuff about me; I'm a huge nerd. I love shows such as doctor who, sherlock, game of thrones, and Big Bang theory. Since a child, Star Wars and LOTR have been my all time favorite movies. I ran track all four years of high school. However, when our distance coach passed away recently, running became something that hurt a lot. His passion was running and living close to him and always seeing him everyday when I went running, after losing him it hurt to run. If that makes any sense. I'm going to start the 6 week challenge this January and I hope to go from 170 pounds to 155 pounds. I also want to try and find different forms of exercising, such as handstands, boxing, rock climbing. My ultimate goal is to start eating healthier and try to find time to exercise during college.

• Like 3

:D We're actually in the same boat! I've just completed my first semester of college myself as a Graphic Design major.

College can really be tricky with the dining hall and how varied your schedule can get.

Have you considered any health or PE classes? They're a great way to get started physically, especially if you intend to focus on diet more at first.

I wish you luck, Meghan!

yay finally someone who is in the same boat! I feel like everyone on this forum have already graduated. Yeah I was thinking of taking a PE class, maybe kickboxing. My main problem is finding time to go to the gym so I think that would definitely help. I also find that the food at the dining hall is pretty bad and the desserts are really the only good thing that they have, which makes dieting hard.

I'm more of a morning person but I feel like I'm going to have to become a night person. Next semester I have classes starting at 8:30 every morning so I more than likely will not be waking up early to workout. I'm just in a lot of clubs and don't feel like I have a lot of free time at all so it makes it hard to find time and energy to go to the gym

• Like 1