Forums are back in action! ×

Change for the Better

My name is Dria Rock, i live in the Willamette Valley, the place that has the highest rate of depression in the US. I've gone through my share of ups and downs, every birthday someone either dies, or almost dies. I want to become my own unlikely hero. My demons are myself, i have chronic migraines, which is a disease that causes 2 or more migraines daily. I've tried over five different medications, ranging from depression to anti-seizure, i also have nerve damage in both my hands. I am a musician who wants to change their life for the better. I won't give up till my life has changed, i want to be able to run again, and participate in school and sports, which i can't always do. My life has been torn apart over and over again. Now i'm saying stop, and i'm going to become who i want to be, not what anyone else wants me to be. I'm going to start controlling my life, not letting my illness control me. I'm tired of staying in the dark, i'm ready to come out to the light. Its time to turn up the heat, no matter how deep i go, i won't stop until i'm done, and i will not fall.

Live long, Love forever, Laugh like your dying.

Guest guest4729
My name is Dria Rock, i live in the Willamette Valley, the place that has the highest rate of depression in the US. I've gone through my share of ups and downs, every birthday someone either dies, or almost dies. I want to become my own unlikely hero. My demons are myself, i have chronic migraines, which is a disease that causes 2 or more migraines daily. I've tried over five different medications, ranging from depression to anti-seizure, i also have nerve damage in both my hands. I am a musician who wants to change their life for the better. I won't give up till my life has changed, i want to be able to run again, and participate in school and sports, which i can't always do. My life has been torn apart over and over again. Now i'm saying stop, and i'm going to become who i want to be, not what anyone else wants me to be. I'm going to start controlling my life, not letting my illness control me. I'm tired of staying in the dark, i'm ready to come out to the light. Its time to turn up the heat, no matter how deep i go, i won't stop until i'm done, and i will not fall.

Sounds like you've got a tough rode in front of you, but it's nothing you can't handle. If you can come this far and make the decision to change you life, then you've got the power to do what it takes to get where you want to be.

Do you think being in better shape will allow you to ease off medication and get rid of some of the migraines you experience?

Also, how do you intend to work out considering your nerve damage? Will you be doing weight lifting with modifications? Body weight exercises? A combination?

I'm curious to hear how you plan on executing your new journey. :)

The first step is being here, so congrates on that one.

Robb Wolf, the guy pimping the Paleo diet, had a raft of health issues and swears that Paleo sorted them out.

I've just started Paleo, on week two, but it makes a lot of sense, the science backs it up and if could be something you could try. It's tough to start out, but with all that have gone before you, this community is a wealth of knowledge.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Welcome Dria! It sounds like you are really determined to start taking control of your life, and I want to applaud you for that. I have a friend who also has debilitating migraines and medical issues, and she found a way to cope with them and is now teaching over in France for a year!

I'm also curious as to what you're thinking of doing. There are a lot of people on the boards who might have good suggestions too, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Glad you're here! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)