Forums are back in action! ×

Same as everyone - Fell off, and getting back on

So, I was last at NF years ago, and in truth - It really did help.  

Unfortunately I chose the wrong person to gym with!  

I was seeing results after about 4 weeks, and my best mate noticed, and decided to join me.

He was a bit out of shape, but he had spend his youth Kayaking, Climbing, playing squash etc.  

I spent my youth behind a computer.  

So, we started working out and he just pushed me waaay to hard. after a few sessions, my muscles hurt so much I couldn't go back for about 5 days, so I just stopped going with him, which led to me not going anymore, as I didn't enjoy it.

I know it shouldn't have affected my personal goals, but it did. 

So, recalling the time just before that happened when I felt awesome - I want that again.

I have had a few stops and starts throughout the year, and my greatest accomplishment so far has been that I go indoor climbing about twice a week for the last 3 months. Well, not the last fortnight - But christmas happened and all my climbing buddies had to 'Go home' to their familes etc. this week though, there are no excuses! Tuesday and Thursday every week is our climbing jam!  

Truth be told, I'm not that good at climbing. Its a combinational lack of strength, endurance and confidence, however even when I was feeling like rubbish, I still went along to the wall.

Anyhow, even thought it's cliche (starting again at new year and all), however for xmas, my parents are taking us on on a 7 day cruise in 7 weeks time, and I need to get my bod looking better. What can a guy do in 7 weeks? We will see!

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?