Forums are back in action! ×

So I had my first night terror last night.

Seriously, Tazer, if you're having nightmares, LEARN LUCID DREAMING. To start out, read this. You can find the book 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' online somewhere. Read it as well and you should be able to lucid dream and know how to deal with your nightmares.

And, I'm sorry, but I think apologizing to a 'spirit brother' is just walking away from your problem, an inefficient coping mechanism. You have to face problems and solve them, or they won't go away.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Seriously, Tazer, if you're having nightmares, LEARN LUCID DREAMING. To start out, read this. You can find the book 'Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming' online somewhere. Read it as well and you should be able to lucid dream and know how to deal with your nightmares.

And, I'm sorry, but I think apologizing to a 'spirit brother' is just walking away from your problem, an inefficient coping mechanism. You have to face problems and solve them, or they won't go away.

that's a bit culturally insensitive. i was offering an alternate viewpoint. as every human mind is different - different biological make-up, different psychological moulding - every human will have a different experience in what works for them and what doesn't. my mind works best through metaphor, so metaphor is the most effective mechanism for understanding the world around me. if your way works for you, that is good. but there is so much assumption in that post about people you don't know and can't speak for.

I agree with the lucid dreaming...I experimented with it a few years ago, and while I don't have night terrors sometimes I have dreams that someone is in my room or trying to hurt me. Usually I realize that I'm dreaming and either 'fetch help' or figure out some way in-dream to 'help myself' get rid of the threat. And praying in-dream helps too. :P

Multifaceted Obsessionist