Forums are back in action! ×

Shidohari respawns to the scene

This post is a little late as I've already started my first ever challenge and a brand new battle log.

I'm Jamie aka Shidohari.

Was introduced to the forums about 9 months ago from a friend who lives local to me.  I posted a couple of times, but at the time I wasn't known well enough to the forums.  As a result I got very little feedback on the battle log I'd started at the time.  So I stopped posting to the forums for about 8 of that 9 month period when I found out about these forums.

Currently this year I'm attempting my first ever challenge based on the recommendations for first timers.  I'm also trying to incorporate my missions from the Rally site (provided by my health insurance carrier) and posting those results in my challenge logs as well.

I am type two diabetic since 2012 along with HBP and cholesterol (on meds for all three).

My hope is to do at least a daily challenge post when I'm participating in challenges, or a daily battle log when I'm not.  Also want to try to do a weekly battle log recap if time constraints prevent a daily battle log post since I work 2 jobs.

I also need to start holding myself accountable for what I eat on this forum since I don't do it any other way via log or challenge post.  As of this morning I weighed 209.6.  Would like to get below 200 and keep it there.  My doctor stated if at my Feb appointment my A1C is still 7.4 or higher he may add additional diabetes meds (currently on 1000mg metformin twice a day).

Please feel free to comment as well as check out my challenge post.

Let's make sure I don't 'die' in battle this time.

We Live for the One, We Die For the One - Ranger Slogan from Babylon 5

We can do this - Hertasi Motto from Mercedes Lackey Valdemar Series (and my motto for the character i created per Steve's recent email

Allons-y - Catchphrase for the Tenth Doctor

Purchased Nerd Fitness Yoga Basic 1/25/16

Link to my NF Character - https://www.nerdfitness.com/level-up/my-character/  Warning lengthy story, mostly based on me.in reality

Shidohari: Level 3 Human Rebel

Stats:

STR - 2/ DEX - 6/ CON - 5/ STA - 5/ WIS - 5

Waist (measured right below belly button) 42.25 inches.  Hips 44.5 inches taken 2/8/15

Goal Weight 185

90%
90%

Welcome.  The good news is, type 2 diabetes can be treated, in many cases cured.  Fixing your diet and habits and dropping some weight will greatly cheer up your poor insulin-overloaded body.  Your doctor will rejoice.  You'll look and feel better.  You'll get to decrease your meds.  So ... congrats on getting started, now keep it up ;)

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Welcome.  The good news is, type 2 diabetes can be treated, in many cases cured.  Fixing your diet and habits and dropping some weight will greatly cheer up your poor insulin-overloaded body.  Your doctor will rejoice.  You'll look and feel better.  You'll get to decrease your meds.  So ... congrats on getting started, now keep it up ;)

Thank you.  

I bought some of Annie Cheung's gluten free pad thai rice noodles today.  I may try to use them with the remaining 3 seven day old fried chicken thighs after i boil them without the skins to loosen up some of the meat.  (the top of the thighs some of the meat is a little dry).  Or i may scrap the thighs all together and use them when i cook the 12 italian style meatballs i got from the Kroger meat department.   Since the thighs are so old that is probably what i'm leaning towards.

Didn't have alot of money so my veg for the week is going to be the green giant steamers broccoli and cheese boxes that are supposed to be two servings but in my case i usually eat things like that in one serving (i usually buy the birdseye steamfresh broccoli and pasta but not enough funds this week and the green giant ones were 10/10)  I also got some cuties aka clementines for fruit during the week.  I managed to keep my groceries under 30 bucks.

I do hope to improve things this time around i need to stick with it.  I'm actually taking a break from trying to do some meditation which is a challenge mission from RALLY.by UHC health insurance.  I have never mastered sitting still for 20 minutes.   In my case i'm just counting breaths.

Thanks again for the welcome my challenge thread is always updated as things are done if able.   I'm holding myself accountable for my food there.

I also have a battle log that i will try to actively post to.

:: Looks at the long post :: 

Well dang i rambled on alot...sorry back to your regularly scheduled adventures.

We Live for the One, We Die For the One - Ranger Slogan from Babylon 5

We can do this - Hertasi Motto from Mercedes Lackey Valdemar Series (and my motto for the character i created per Steve's recent email

Allons-y - Catchphrase for the Tenth Doctor

Purchased Nerd Fitness Yoga Basic 1/25/16

Link to my NF Character - https://www.nerdfitness.com/level-up/my-character/  Warning lengthy story, mostly based on me.in reality

Shidohari: Level 3 Human Rebel

Stats:

STR - 2/ DEX - 6/ CON - 5/ STA - 5/ WIS - 5

Waist (measured right below belly button) 42.25 inches.  Hips 44.5 inches taken 2/8/15

Goal Weight 185

90%
90%