Forums are back in action! ×

Any LARPers here?

Hello! I'm curious to see if anyone on NF does LARPing like I do. And to swap ideas, costume advice, etc. And also what groups is everyone from? 

(I run a LARPing group called The Chronicles of Virath. Website here: http://ibprojects.wix.com/chroniclesofvirath) 

Interested but have never done it. I do cosplay though. Mostly Ren. Faire stuff.

Clicked on the link and it can't find your page.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Well if you are in Northern California we'd love to have you! Try the link again, it should work this time. What Ren Faires are you usually at?

I'm from the east coast so unfortunately that's not going to work out. I've attended the P.A. Ren Faire several years running and plan to attend the M.D. one this year. I have attended Zenkaicon and other cosplay events as well.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

I use to do that a lot but now not so much since I live in the arctic. Some friends and I are considering setting up a team and plan a trip down south to play one this summer. Nothing sure yet.

Those are very fun games. I was that thief everyone wants to hang. Such good time.

• Like 2

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

I'm from the east coast so unfortunately that's not going to work out. I've attended the P.A. Ren Faire several years running and plan to attend the M.D. one this year. I have attended Zenkaicon and other cosplay events as well.

Aw too bad. And I've heard of Zenkaicon, it looks like a good time. Who do you cosplay as usually? 

"Our destiny is in the stars, so let's go and search for it."

I use to do that a lot but now not so much since I live in the arctic. Some friends and I are considering setting up a team and plan a trip down south to play one this summer. Nothing sure yet.

Those are very fun games. I was that thief everyone wants to hang. Such good time.

Maybe an artic LARP? Haha. It's always fun to be thief though,the threat of hanging gives an air of danger. 

• Like 1

Maybe an artic LARP? Haha. It's always fun to be thief though,the threat of hanging gives an air of danger. 

I liked that character for that air of danger actually and it's easy to keep busy You don't even need a story to keep you going. All you need is a bunch of people together and you're all set.

• Like 1

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

50%
50%

64%
64%

Aw too bad. And I've heard of Zenkaicon, it looks like a good time. Who do you cosplay as usually?

Currently, a peasant. I'm working on assembling pirate costume.

I reeealy want an Assassin's Creed costume though.

• Like 1

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Soli Deo Gloria

I wish it were that easy. (Being a Game Master can be a tad stressful.) What group were you with? 

I don't think the group had a name. We were a big bunch playing medieval fantastic LARP during the summer in a small region northern Québec in Canada. During winter we played Vampire LARP in town (we played that like 6 nights a week).

That was a little while ago. I moved up north in 2002 and I didn't play any of that since then.

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

50%
50%

64%
64%

I don't think the group had a name. We were a big bunch playing medieval fantastic LARP during the summer in a small region northern Québec in Canada. During winter we played Vampire LARP in town (we played that like 6 nights a week).

That was a little while ago. I moved up north in 2002 and I didn't play any of that since then.

Sounds like fun. Vampire stuff always looks like a good time. I think there is a group like that in our area. (Bay Area) And a Star Trek type one as well.

I'm currently playing in a Victorian Era Vampire the Masquerade LARP, though I'm playing it mostly online since the storyteller and the majority of the players live in AR and I am in Texas, lol.  I played with that crew years ago when I lived there, and they are awesome. I miss dressing up for the games, but at least I get to role-play and join in on the story. We are using a Discord server to communicate and role-play during downtime.

STORMEE

Level 5 Fey Touched Half-Elven Druid

“What doesn't kill me, gives me EXP."