Forums are back in action! ×

Mess ups

Oops. I got done with my workout on Wednesday (I'm following StrongLifts) to realize that I accidently did more weight than I was supposed to. I did a 65 Bench Press when I was actually supposed to do that 4 days from then...): Since StrongLifts is all about linear progression, do I continue adding or do I go back to follow the program strictly?

Not knowing StrongLifts as a system, I'd say go back to the program and forget that you jumped ahead*...

*My personal, uninformed opinion may not suit your exact situation or needs.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

Guest Snake McClain
I won't tell anyone if you don't. Starting with the bar is to help you with your form. If your form was fine at 65 (and give yourself an honest assessment), then push on from there. Otherwise, step down.

I agree. I was on strong lifts and whenever I added more weight just cuz if my form was good that was where j continued from. Maybe that was the wrong thing ti do but it worked for me. I went from deadlifting 155 to 200 in a week cuz my form was good and the weight wasn't a challenge. Again..it worked for me. *shrug*