Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I've learned the opposite is true for me. I tend to get burned when I don't do things myself, a la the old phrase, "if you want something done right, you'd better do it yourself." Sure, I still ask questions to learn new things, and that's fine for learning, but as for actually doing something, I'd rather go it alone, figure things out myself and learn from any mistakes I make.

I am definitely not a "team player."

Other than that one, I pretty much agree with everything you said in that post. Good standards to live by.

When asking for help, I usually go by the golden rule. If I know the other person wants help and enjoys working with others, then ask for help. However, if I know they hate to work in group and would rather just do it silently on their own, then I will let them do their thing, and I'll do my own thing.

Also, this reminds of some good life wisdom: If a man does like to work alone, he will work silently unless you ask him questions or things like that. However, if someone wants to do it without help and starts talking constantly, then he is just a show-off, and that you should leave immediately.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

i will say life is interesting, how two people can literally have a completely different outlook. I guess I say that i have a very small resource pool that I ask for help from when needed. They call me Abraham Thunder-Wulf and they are my wolf pack (but that last sentence is completely untrue).

Do you initiate them on a roof-top in las vegas with roofies and the mingling of blood?

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
Do you initiate them on a roof-top in las vegas with roofies and the mingling of blood?

You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought AJ_Rock home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then AJ_Rock joined in later. And six months ago, when AJ introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!

When asking for help, I usually go by the golden rule. If I know the other person wants help and enjoys working with others, then ask for help. However, if I know they hate to work in group and would rather just do it silently on their own, then I will let them do their thing, and I'll do my own thing.

Also, this reminds of some good life wisdom: If a man does like to work alone, he will work silently unless you ask him questions or things like that. However, if someone wants to do it without help and starts talking constantly, then he is just a show-off, and that you should leave immediately.

i'm that way my FIL is thee other when working on something intently i am quiet and focused then he comes over and just talks not even about the job at hand just talks luv the guy but some alone time to work on stuff is definitely a good thing

Lv 1 Half-Orc Adventurer

Str 3 | Dex 2 | Sta 3 | Con 2 | Wis 3 | Cha 2

What? 16 pages and I just now find this thread? Damn! I spent the last hour reading it from the start and I wish I could have jumped in earlier.

I hear that one....

My role model would be Colossus. It's the armour, guy could take a hit and sure as hell dish one out, but all he was really in it for was to protect his friends.

As for the manliness card, guess I'm gonna fail on that one lol, but I've got nearly half it covered.

Could never make an axe work for me though, they seem to have a thing for my legs.....

I hear that one....

My role model would be Colossus. It's the armour, guy could take a hit and sure as hell dish one out, but all he was really in it for was to protect his friends.

As for the manliness card, guess I'm gonna fail on that one lol, but I've got nearly half it covered.

Could never make an axe work for me though, they seem to have a thing for my legs.....

Colossus used to be one of my favorite X-Men. I recently read one of the newer comics, and I was happy to see that he's back on the team, but it seems like they've changed him or something. It was for the worse. But back in the day, he was rad. Thinking of him and Nightcrawler always take me back to a happy place in my childhood.

I'm going to complain if I want to. It's annoying so I asked you (and people in general) to stop it.

I think a manly demonstration of NF-ness is in order to determine superiority. Best method would incorporate the man card Conk posted.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
I hear that one....

I

Colossus used to be one of my favorite X-Men. I recently read one of the newer comics, and I was happy to see that he's back on the team, but it seems like they've changed him or something. It was for the worse. But back in the day, he was rad. Thinking of him and Nightcrawler always take me back to a happy place in my childhood.

Agreed. Colossus was the best.

I think a manly demonstration of NF-ness is in order to determine superiority. Best method would incorporate the man card Conk posted.

A manly demonstration of NerdFitnessness? O.o What's that supposed to mean? Could be my brain switching from French to Dutch to English within a couple of seconds, but I don't get it.

Besides, as an 18-year-old, I don't really qualify as a man yet.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

A manly demonstration of NerdFitnessness? O.o What's that supposed to mean? Could be my brain switching from French to Dutch to English within a couple of seconds, but I don't get it.

Besides, as an 18-year-old, I don't really qualify as a man yet.

Manhood is a matter of the mind, not the physical age.

I know some 15 year old men, and I know some 60 year old boys......

Side note: Colossus is a boss. He's in my top 5 superheroes. And I like Nightcrawler because he is always one of the best characters in any superhero video game/board game if he is playable.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

I know some 15 year old men, and I know some 60 year old boys......

Think we all know some of them bro.

So things like

20 press-ups in a row

Quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Understand crossfit shorthand

Have 50 posts on NF forums

Take part in a 5k or etc

Achieve goals of awesomness with amazing regularity

The kitten rescue, Steve McQueen and Glenlivet ones should stay. Though I've done talisker straight so I think i actually beat the last one :P

A couple of small face scars (one from a fight), rescue kitten, stop purse snatcher, rebuild lawn mower engine, learn to weld, carry buckskin knife (except at school).

I'll never be able to grow a beard (I'm native), nor will I ever smoke. Once I'm a decent logroller I'll enter a lumberjack contest. I got a small piece of land on the Rez that's just right for a cabin, so one day. I'm no where near as manly as Steve McQueen.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Sorry, but I think these "man checklists" suck. What do Crossfit and Monty Python have to do with being a man? Smoking is manly? Since when? What if you live in a country that doesn't have rattlesnakes? What if you're smart and careful enough to not get bit? What if you live in a city, and there's no place to build a log cabin, and you'd end up getting arrested if you walked around with a buckskin knife? Why do I need to know how to weld? I learned in junior high and haven't done it since. Not an important skill in most people's life. Same thing with rebuilding an engine.

Silly. I get that these lists are written tongue in cheek, and the items on the list hint at or are representative of a deeper sense of manliness (connection to nature, standing up for justice, self reliance, etc.) , but they seem overly narrow and ridiculously subjective.