Forums are back in action! ×

The Fifteen List

Like most good ideas, this one started in the shower.

I have been negligent of my health and fitness over the holidays, and I was feeling a bit depressed since it's started to show. But I remembered the "ah-ha" moment I had which changed the way I looked at the human body: if I focused on what my body could do, rather than what it looked like, I had a much better reason to work out, and one which helped me be more consistent and train harder. It's a reason that, no matter how badly I've eaten up till some point, is good enough to make me shun the bagels and have chicken instead. It's also an idea which helps me be proud of my accomplishments even when one of them isn't looking like Kate Moss. So, I have decided to make a list. I encourage you to do the same. There are three categories, and each gets five items.

The first category is things you love about your body that have nothing to do with how it looks. Think about what it can do.

The second is physical features you posses and consider attractive which are present no matter what shape you're in.

The third is changes which occur in your body, appearance- or capability-related, when you eat and train like a true NF Rebel.

Here's mine:

A)

1. Ability to bench-press

2. Sprinting!

3. Two legit chin-ups

4. Sing decently well

5. Jump rope

B)

1. Bright blue eyes

2. Hourglass figure

3. Dimples

4. Lower lip pout

4. Pretty good complexion

C)

1. Run up stairs with super speed

2. Flat abs

3. Good legs

4. Better mood

5. Hungry for healthy food

I'm super excited to see yours!

-GoldLynx

We do not show off, for we are the unseen. We are not motivated by aesthetics, but effectiveness. Our bodies are our weapons, not our trophies.

They are the civilians.

We are the warriors.