Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new here, and am looking forward to getting in shape.  I've tried in the past but haven't been successful.  A friend of mine introduced me to the site by posting a thing on Facebook about the character creation/quest idea that is just starting.  I thought it seemed like fun and I would give it a go!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

A little about me:

I'm a proud nerd lol. Fandoms include Star Wars, Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, pretty much anything by Brandon Sanderson and Firefly.  I also enjoy anime and manga, and have dabbled a bit in A Song of Ice and Fire. Beyond that, I'm a musician.  I sing, play guitar, banjo, flute, percussion, and I'm trying to learn others.  I'm also a music teacher :-D

I have a goal to lose 60 pounds and run a 5K.  Mostly, I'm looking to look better and more importantly feel better.

Level 1 Druid

"The night is long and the path is dark. Look to the sky for one day soon the dawn will come."

My Nerd Fitness Character

Current Challenge: New Year; New Kronos

I'm new here, and am looking forward to getting in shape.  I've tried in the past but haven't been successful.  A friend of mine introduced me to the site by posting a thing on Facebook about the character creation/quest idea that is just starting.  I thought it seemed like fun and I would give it a go!

...I'm also a music teacher :-D

I have a goal to lose 60 pounds and run a 5K.  Mostly, I'm looking to look better and more importantly feel better.

New here as well, also a nerd, and also a teacher (math). I've been making good progress since starting consistent training and diet last year. Interestingly, what is working for me is largely the advice offered on this site. Although, I came upon the information elsewhere. There sure is a lot of nonsense and hype on fitness and diet. This site appears to be good about keeping it simple. Really, it is simple. The hype only confuses people (and makes their wallets thinner).

• Like 1

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain

Oooooh the big one two punch. I know it well :)

Exercise helps definitely but the darkness that creeps in and makes you feel worth less than you are often drives you from it and from the forum where it knows you'll find encouragement and support.

It's so much easier said than done, but do your damndest to ignore that voice and come back. I struggle with it constantly but always feel better when I do. There's a lot of people here working with those same things I'm sure you'll find someone to talk about it with. If not give me a call, I'll fly with you.

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

Another depression + anxiety rebel here. I think (I hope!) you'll find this place pretty helpful. It's really helped me to have people to talk to (besides my psychiatrist) who actually CAN understand what I'm going through. This depression thread seems to get the most traffic.

Welcome! We are here for you!

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Both exercise and diet help with depression and anxiety - especially diet in my opinion. I speak from experience as I have a personal and family history of depression and anxiety. I've been able to keep things under control for the most part, but it sneaks up on you slowly. I have perceived significant improvements in my mood since starting my training and improving my diet.

• Like 1

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain