Forums are back in action! ×

Who am I? I don't know. This is why Nerd Fitness caught my eye. I saw it as an opportunity. A chance to grow and become something. I realized it's okay to make yourself happy. Making yourself proud isn't a crime nor is it bad. I might not know who I am yet but I know what I like, what I don't like and why I am here.

I love Alice in Wonderland. So much so that when I put my name as Smaug I hit myself in my head almost instantly after hitting the accept button. I am getting an Alice themed tattoo on my right arm to represent my life and struggles. My whole life I felt as if I was resisting the fall down the rabbit hole and hitting every root on the way down. But I realized only recently I should embrace who I am. One character that I feel represents me the most is Cheshire Cat. The reason being. He avoids conflict, is rationaly mad (a contradiction by his very nature), and free spirited. I am all of those things. Except rationaly mad, I'm more emotionally analytical (same thing to me really). The rest of the cast is my family. We know each other and are fond of each other but don't connect well. I've also been rather independent and disconnected since a young age. I've devoloped bad habits (no drugs or anything more like I said childish so sugars and toys was where I spent all my money) and a strong social anxiety as the feeling of differences between me and other kids grew.

So I would love to become more social and get rid of some of my childish nature like my short temper and my need to always be right. I hope you guys will help me along this journey as I grow to become the best me I can be!

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?â€

“That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,†said the Cat.

“I don’t much care where–†said Alice.

“Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,†said the Cat.

“–so long as I get SOMEWHERE,†Alice added as an explanation.

“Oh, you’re sure to do that,†said the Cat, “if you only walk long enough.â€

Don't worry, you can change your display name in your profile settings. You might need to hit a minimum post count before you can do so (can't remember) but the only restriction on how many times you can change it is "once every 150 day period."

Or maybe Smaug is the Cheshire Cat's secret real name. I love Alice in Wonderland too.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Welcome!!

Exploring who you are and being unabashedly you is one of the best things ever.   I hope you find what you're looking for here, and make some new nerd friends!  NF is a wonderfully supportive, active forum with no shortage of friendly folks. :)

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65