Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everyone! My 'Level Up Your Life' Character

Hello Everyone!

I've created my 'Level Up Your Life' Character:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/61202/

Still a little work to be done. I need to write my story and put up a picture. I'm hoping to find some like minded adventures to play along with! Games are always more fun with a party! I have a few concerns:

Maybe setting some goals too high: Some of my goals seem like a pipe dream that will never happen. Especially the music goals. I figure I write them down and see how it goes.

I took a look at the creator and he has goals set for a number of subscribers. I wish I had something like this. I'm just not setup to get subscribers for anything. I'm looking for a way to implement this.

I'm thinking about adding some love goals. Finding a girlfriend or something like that. Does anyone have any tips for this sort of thing? I feel like it should be something that just happens. Maybe that's part of my problem.

If anyone has any tips for writing a story I'm open. Again, hoping to find some adventures to party with! Has anyone else posted their character? I figure playing a game is best when it's about improving your life! 

Here's to:

'MAGIC and ADVENTURE!'

• Like 3

I'm working on my character's storyline, so I'll make mine public when it's done. :)

I'm using my level up character for long-term goals and the NF challenges for short-term ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing it! I'm going to write my story soon and take a cool picture. Good for you on NF for short term goals. I'm going to keep track of some habits on my character. For some short term goals I have my own system on my iPad with an app called status board. 

Reading through 'level up your life' I've found that bite size goals work pretty well. They have to be so small you know you are able to do more. One thing the character system could do better. Although going to the computer for small goals seem a little tedious. The mobile options seem better. Maybe when eventually a mobile app comes out.

I'm working on my character's storyline, so I'll make mine public when it's done. :)

I'm using my level up character for long-term goals and the NF challenges for short-term ones.

Same here! I'm really excited about this "epic quest" option, but I'm still new here and I don't want to overwhelm myself with impossible goals just yet. Let's say I'm testing my new real life role-playing skills in my first challenge. In the mean time, I'm brainstorming for quest ideas and working on my character's story. I'll make it public soon.

Your quests look awesome, btw. Yeah, maybe some of them might seem too "big" for now, but these are life quests, they should be big :)

• Like 1

Welcome!

Nothing wrong with big goals, as long as you know that they will take time!  Start small, always keep moving forward, and you never know what will happen. ^_^

Also high five for your P90X quests!  Do your best, and forget the rest!! :D

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thank you for the replies!

Also high five for your P90X quests!  Do your best, and forget the rest!! :D

Thanks! I've already made it through p90x once and it didn't quite make me ripped. I think it was the diet and maybe taking more breaks than I should. I'm going to try to take it to the next level!

• Like 2

Diet is definitely a huge part of it! I paid no attention to the diet book the first time and got stronger but not very lean... oops. Tried it the second time with definite results!!

Sent from deep within the wilds of Gridania...

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Diet is definitely a huge part of it! I paid no attention to the diet book the first time and got stronger but not very lean... oops. Tried it the second time with definite results!!

I'm a little concerned I will look too skinny. I'd like to try a workout program that focuses on muscle weight gain at some point. I started focusing on chin-ups so I can at least focus on the highest weight section of p90x, when I decide to attempt it again. I want to have higher then 30 lbs weights as well. 

• Like 1