Forums are back in action! ×

So, there’s this…

I joined a while back and was doing well with the Academy.  Then those forums went to Facebook at about the same time I was divorcing myself from social media, so...we had a small falling out.

I continued on a moderately healthy path, though: switching to a more Paleo-ish lifestyle, getting back into Krav Maga, somewhat more regular visits to the gym, but still lacking that "spark",

Fast forward a bit, and Steve's book comes out.  I generally support folks with worthwhile and sincere endeavors, so I ordered the book and put it in my queue (I have trouble reading more than one book at a time, and was halfway through a book from The Expanse series).  Before I could get into Steve's book, there was an email about creating your character, and that brought me back to the Academy and these forums.

So, even though I didn't really stop my healthier lifestyle, I'm considering this a respawn because I can always do more to be better.

The Epic Quest thing will be a bit of a challenge, but I'll figure out some goals and ways to measure my progress.  My immediate objective is to become more active in the for4ums and integrate into the community a bit more.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.  This should be fun.

-R

@gymherald, yep.  That's the "ish" part of my Paleo-ish diet.  I think it's pretty well-balanced, I include the usual stuff: carbs, protein, cookie dough...so mostly just focusing on getting more veggies in my daily meals.  Planning the meals out has also helped me save money since I'm only buying what I need for the week.

Still have a 20 year old son at the house, so fighting the temptation of all the stoner food is going to be another challenge...but that's where the goals come in, I guess.

Thanks, everyone, for the well-wishes.