Forums are back in action! ×

New to NF and excited to get started!

Hello, my name is Jeff. I am 7'1" tall, I weigh 320 lbs, and am 32% body fat.

I used to be a college basketball player. I remember a time when I was 240 lbs and 6-7% body fat. I could run two miles in under 11 minutes and could play basketball for hours. I looked and felt great. Somewhere along the line I lost my way. I stopped training and stopped eating properly. My dad once told me I would never weigh 250 because my frame wasn't built to handle it. I know now what he meant. I feel terrible. I am weak. I have no energy and no stamina. My back and knees hurt all the time. I am ready for change. I found Nerd Fitness and am excited to get started.

In October I will turn 40. My goals by then are:

- Get my weight down to 250 lbs.

- Get my body fat down by half (15-16%)

- Be able to do 5 pull ups

- Be able to do 100 push ups

I am looking forward to the support and encouragement of this community, and I am eager to provide the same!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

It's actually really common. After I left high school football I ballooned immediately. All that running and energy expenditure went away but the appetite that came with it never did. I'd politely suggest that you don't scrutinize yourself too harshly based on who you are versus who you were in college. You're a different person now and comparing yourself to 20 year old you is almost like comparing to a stranger on the street. Look at where you are now, right now, 1/27/16 This is your level 1 and you've got a hell of an adventure ahead of you! There's a big ol' bucket of life left to be lived and let's kick its ass!

There's tons of information here and people that are willing to help and shed light on your questions and concerns. :)

The only thing I'd suggest at this time would be to be easy on yourself. When I was at my lowest and got a huge surge of motivation because I was so pissed off at the way I looked and felt I went all out running every day and doing stuff that my body wasn't prepared for and it showed. Almost immediately I pulled a muscle that took me out of commission for a month and I slumped back!

You can do this. You will do this!

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

You can become a Hero.