Forums are back in action! ×

Got a brand new car.

I swear i only planned on buying groceries yesterday! Seriously though I have tossed around the idea of getting a new vehicle since the warranty expired on my Dodge. Yesterday Hubby and I talked about it when we were out going to the farmers market and we went to the dealership to see what our options would be since we needed to keep the payments low. Since two of our kids are now young adults (we were young parents) we really do not need a minivan anymore so we got a hyundai for me that is much better on gas and has a full bumper to bumper warranty along with free oil changes for as long as I own it. the best part is that they are paying off my trade in without adding it to the price of the new car loan. I guess i am just a bit exited since I am 41 and this is my first new car where i am the very first owner the seats have never been sat on pooped on puked on whatever.

I had a warranty with the vehicle that i traded in until October. Hubby looked at the private auto extended warranties that we could have gotten but they wanted more money than he thought was worth it and i agreed with him. We also figure that since we are a one car family we had better make darn sure that our one car is VERY dependable.

Congrats! New cars are nice. I'm 52 and have never had a totally new one. Closest was a demo model with 3,000 miles on it.

Oops, must realized that is not quite true. We bought a new Kia Sportage once. Worst car I've ever owned. It was my wife's car til we traded it in on a used Suburban (a real family car).

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

We've bought two cars new. I get a discount through my work that compounds with any incentives they are running that made it so we wouldn't be underwater on it just driving it off the lot. I ordered a Hemi Dodge Magnum from the factory, and I loved having a window sticker that said "made especially for...".

We also got a new Dodge Stratus with the same discount (plus model specific and loyalty incentives).

But overall, I just don't think it's worth it to buy new unless you get a great deal. I traded my Magnum in after 6 years for a 2007 Jeep, and we'll be trading in that Stratus in on a used vehicle this year, too.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Guest guest4729

Yay for a nicer new car!

I don't think I'll ever buy a totally new car, but a used newer car.

The only car I've ever bought was my 1996 Chevy Cavalier that I drive. Bought it in cash for $2,600 - tags, title and inspection included. Only had 58,000 miles on it, too. Still runs like a champ but cars are expensive in general.

Can't wait to get my next newer car once I can afford it. I would love a car from at least the 2000's