Forums are back in action! ×

Bah Weep Grana, Weep Ninny Bon

Greetings! I am a girl gamer with a long history of sitting in front of screens. I love great cartoons and games of all kinds -- video, board, card, whatever. I like to embroider and quilt, especially if I can relate them to video games or Japanese. I'm a Japanese Studies (Japanology, for people outside of North America) major in college and will be graduating this spring so I can go back to Japan and take up permanent residency there. I lived there for a year on student exchange.

I'm interested in getting in better shape, which will naturally take off some of the fat I've built up. I've lost ten pounds in the past four weeks or so, mostly from changing my eating habits. I'm ill-equipped to do any physical training here, and I hate running. One thing I'm looking forward to about returning to campus after a three-year hiatus is access to the student rec center and its free weights. The body weight circuits Steve made videos for are a great start, but I feel like I need to add weight lifting to really get in motion. For cardio, I prefer to do fun stuff, like dancing and hula hooping.

Once I lose some more fat and it becomes comfortable to jump, I plan to take up jump roping (rope jumping?). My primary fitness goal is to be able to do jump rope routines to some of my favorite songs.

I can't believe you're the first person to use Bah Weep Grana, Weep Ninny Bon in the subject line of your intro. I'm a little jealous for not thinking of it first. Good job :)

Yup, I definitely laughed my ass off when I read that. You rule.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.