Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I googled something on paleo diet and was brought here. Paleo diet interests me quite a bit, I have already made some changes. Also, I am interested in calisthenics as a form of exercise, because I do not need to be at a gym to do it, but know almost nothing about it in terms of the best routines and how to structure my workout, still doing research. Anyone know of a good source?

Welcome to the Rebellion! And woot calisthenics! Join the club. There are a bunch of different things you can do in regards to calisthenics (aka body weight workouts). There is a routine on NF called the Beginner's Body Weight Workout, and the Angry Birds Workout is another one if you'd want to try that. Both of those could be good starting points, and it's fine to start with easier versions of the exercises if the ones listed are too difficult.

There are also a few of us who are following the Convict Conditioning exercise progression, which starts off with fairly easy exercises and then works up towards more difficult ones in slow but effective steps. Really, there are a bunch of different routines and progressions, and you can look through them to figure out what works for you!

A good idea is to set at least one really specific goal for yourself - like doing a full push up or a full pull up, or doing a one-legged squat or a handstand push up, for example. Then you can take the steps to get there with a goal in mind.

So, I hope that helps a little bit at least! Poke around the forums and NF site, figure out some goals, and go for it! Be sure to ask if you have more questions. Oh, and now there's a Acrobat/Calisthenics Squad forum too, so that could be a good spot to look too. Good luck! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)