Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel Wanting to Find Like Minded Folks

Hey everyone!

I am Axis. I am 32 years old and ready to make a few changes to my life. I'm already working out with an amazing set of trainers (we sometimes switch up from semester to semester) through my workplace who have helped me learn to work with weights and do a balanced workout with both cardio and weight training that may leave me a little sore but in the long run, I've seen a lot of improvement. Now I need to take the next step. The hardest thing for me is to change habits. I am on the Autism Spectrum and it's something I struggle with constantly in all aspects of my life. I'm pretty open about my struggles with my condition so if you have questions, please don't hesitate to hit me up! I have to caution you though, that these are my experiences and mine alone. Not everyone you meet will have the same issues.

I currently work in a bursar's office as my main day job but I also work as a community manager. The former is more a job to pay the bills whereas the latter is more something that I am passionate about. I love building communities and bringing information to the masses whenever possible about my favorite subjects. I recently did a photoshoot in my BB-8 dress from Her Universe and I love the photos I got from it. Like any  person, I have my insecurities but I had fun with the photos and working with the photographer.

I work geekiness into every aspect of my life. I'm currently wearing a Hook's Crew sweatshirt (Peter Pan), Deathly Hallows symbol necklace, and a Rebel Legion necklace to work. I'm a huge Poe Dameron fan (and pretty much any X-Wing Fighter Pilot character).

I'm debating between Adventurer (my personal mantra quote from Walt Disney definitely fits this), Scout (I would love to train up endurance), or Ranger (I do equal parts weight training and cardio in my personal training sessions) for my primary class.

• Like 1

Welcome! :)

I couldn't decide between classes so I hybridized myself. Lol!

Lots of people have interests that fall outside 1 guild.  I like yoga and do body weight stuff, so I'll play with the other guilds at times, but I mostly find my home lifting heavy.  

Welcome!  I'm also new.  But I've been unable to post my intro.  Did you have a secret to bypassing the "website is down" error that pops up when you try to post?

I don't know why this is happening, I have approved all the reply posts but I haven't figured out how to find blocked new posts yet.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr