Forums are back in action! ×

So where to begin.  I'm currently sitting at 255lbs, which is the heaviest that I've ever been.  It frankly makes me miserable, I'm uncomfortable all the time.  I absolutely refuse to hit 300lbs.  Which is why I'm here, to look for support and advice.

I've started doing a body weight workout routine 3 days a week, and jogging 6 days a week.  I'm sure that my body weight routine will need some tweaking, as I kind of just threw it together.  For jogging I'm using the Zenlabs couch to 10k trailer, as well as the Zombies Run app.

The biggest obstacle to my fitness is that I was born with a bad hip.  When I walk it causes my foot to turn in ever so slightly.  Generally this doesn't bother me much in my daily activities.  But now that I've started to push myself it has started to hurt more.  I've been trying to go over 2 miles on my jog, but as soon as I hit about 1.5 miles it starts to hurt like a socket full of broken glass.

I'm sure that my shoes aren't helping.  The tread is all but worn off, and they are holding together by threads.  They probably offer next to no support.  So I'll need to get new ones.  Though I don't know the first thing about buying running shoes.

So that's me: An obese nerd with hip problems, but maybe there is a superhero inside.  We'lll see.

Holy crapscicle!  It actually posted! :o

81188-Loki-fuck-yeah-gif-EWzc.gif

So where to begin.  I'm currently sitting at 255lbs, which is the heaviest that I've ever been.  It frankly makes me miserable, I'm uncomfortable all the time.  I absolutely refuse to hit 300lbs.  Which is why I'm here, to look for support and advice.

I've started doing a body weight workout routine 3 days a week, and jogging 6 days a week.  I'm sure that my body weight routine will need some tweaking, as I kind of just threw it together.  For jogging I'm using the Zenlabs couch to 10k trailer, as well as the Zombies Run app.

The biggest obstacle to my fitness is that I was born with a bad hip.  When I walk it causes my foot to turn in ever so slightly.  Generally this doesn't bother me much in my daily activities.  But now that I've started to push myself it has started to hurt more.  I've been trying to go over 2 miles on my jog, but as soon as I hit about 1.5 miles it starts to hurt like a socket full of broken glass.

I'm sure that my shoes aren't helping.  The tread is all but worn off, and they are holding together by threads.  They probably offer next to no support.  So I'll need to get new ones.  Though I don't know the first thing about buying running shoes.

So that's me: An obese nerd with hip problems, but maybe there is a superhero inside.  We'lll see.

Welcome,  my knee problems went away when I started squatting.  Time to update your gear or you'll still be injured.  There are lots of guides on how to buy running shoes, but I prefer the barefoot running style.  

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Welcome,  my knee problems went away when I started squatting.  Time to update your gear or you'll still be injured.  There are lots of guides on how to buy running shoes, but I prefer the barefoot running style.  

I'm not sure that I'm brave enough to try barefoot.  I once had a pair of "barefoot shoes" that I wore to work when my work pair fell to pieces.  By the end of the shift my feet would hurt so bad that I could barely walk.

First, there is obviosly a superhero in there, otherwise you woukdnt be here.

The trick with barefoot running is that you need to be comfortable to walking around without shoes first. Its got something to do with the small muscles in the the foot.

Drop some green on a GOOD pair of running shoes and some insoles that give serious arch support. talk to an pediatrist about your arch and what will help you get the best support.

Dad always said never skimp on where the rubber meets the road.

• Like 1

Welcome DollarstoreHero!!! Im pretty sure, we surprise ourselves when we have a good support system and practice the discipline what Steve talks about in the book!!! We are in this together!!! Did you check out the Fleetfeet or similar stores specializing in running, they do free analysis to see your foot strikes, cadence etc and can recommend the right shoes, if you haven't pl try, many of friends when had some issues, that helped them fix it.

• Like 2