Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone.

I just recently found Nerd Fitness and have been getting excited about using this to help accomplish the things I want to do.  I have started reading through Level Up Your Life, joined this month's challenge, and created my character.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/74815/

Right now I only put in enough quests to get to level 2 at the end of the month.

I have been successful at starting this year off better than last so far, but I am looking for other people to interact with and talk to which will hopefully help keep me motivated instead of falling back into old habits over time.

In pervious years, I would try to do everything at once with Jan 1st...as one would expect that never lasts long.  This year I am trying it a lot slower.  I made it mostly through January by working on smaller habits and planning to build those over time.  For tracking this so far I have been using HabitRPG.  January was mostly stretching and 5 minutes of meditation a day.

As far as Nerd things go, I am big into TableTop Wargames (Warhammer 40k, Warmachine), reading (on a Re-Read of the Shannara series by Terry Brooks at the moment and looking forward to the Winds of Winter if it ever comes out), and some video gaming but that has not been as big a hobby for me as it used to me.

Ultimately my goals are around improving my fitness, losing weight, getting back into traveling.  I don't like running, so I am hoping walking and (maybe) Yoga will help with the physical fitness.  Maybe pick up a martial art down the road.  I also enjoy meditating but have not made many improvements toward how long I sit so I want to up that over time also. 
  • Like 2

Well hello, hello there.

It seems like you are starting to change your life. It is not an easy path. But nothing worthwhile is a given, heh?

If you do not enjoy running, find out what drives you and look for that. I hate running. and then I started Parkour. It is not running, at least not in my head.

I hope to be able to help you out on this quest!

most importantly, HAVE FUN

Race: Half-Elf          Class: Warrior-Assassin

Level: 0                     Last Challenge:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
STR: x | CON: x | DEX: x | INT: x | WIS: x | CHA: x |

"[I am] the spark that will light the flame of the Rebellion"

Hello and welcome!  Yoga and martial arts can be life changing.  I can personally say that I use time off to delve deeper into them because I do enjoy them so much.  By making work feel like play, it comes easy.  Best of luck on your journey.

• Like 1

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

Just wanted to say hey! And also, I noticed that you're working on drinking more tea instead of soda. That's a hurtle I just recently jumped, and while I can't always say no to root beer ( my precious) I've learned that herbal teas can work wonders, and honey can always be your friend. A little bit of honey can make a huge difference. Also, loose leaf tea is another world of delicious entirely!

Anywho, Welcome. May the odds be ever in your favor.

• Like 1

Mischief, I'm not the person you asked but I found habit rpg to be a really cool way to keep track of the things you want to do, and there's real consequences of you don't do them. Overall it helped me a lot because if I didn't do the dishes I could have lost my gear and a level.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

How are you finding habitRPG?  .. I'm intrigued 

I have been liking it.  One of the things that has been useful for me is splitting up my to do lists.  I use EverNote to track things I need to do at work and the HabitRPG To Do List for things to do at home.  I tried combining them together but I find that I do not want to look at all the work waiting for me when I am at home.  This way i have been able to get little tasks taken care of and seeing an XP bar grow helps with the motivation to get those things done.

For the daily habits, it is based around my 4 quests for the 4 week challenge, but there are a few others as well.  Daily journal writing and recording my One Second A Day (Fun little app that gives you something to look back over and see 1 second of every day when time seems to fly by too fast).