Forums are back in action! ×

Cute, Creative and Chubby…for now.

I am a 35 year old actress, Playwright, podcaster, speaker and all matter of other creative adventurer. I am a Big Doctor Who fan, but liked it much much more when Russell T Davies ran the show.  I didn’t read comic books growing up, but I do like the MCU and a couple of DC things.  I’m also into making and listening to podcasts (Not just Serial either). I’m an Anglophile and like many Britcoms and drams.  Also in my geekery I go to cons, schools, libraries and so on and do a talk about Black chicks in media. 

I have been trying to get fit since forever.  I have put in more effort the last couple of months, but looked back at my before pictures and I look the exact same and my weight is just hovering.  I have about 100 lbs to lose.

Motivation:

-I am going back into the dating scene so I want those OkCupid pics to be wicked

-I want to be healthy. 

-I also made a very bad life choice by signing up for one of those sites where you can win money for losing weight.  I am pretty sure I will not make the target and will be out quite a bit of money and there is no way out of the contract.

Plan:

-I go to a personal trainer 2 times a month for accountability, new routines and to check my form.  

-I use DVDs to work out and I like them so I don’t feel the need to join a gym. 

-I see a weight loss doctor and dietitian so they help me with my diet, but I cheat like a mofo, I’m talking a lot, so that has been the biggest obstacle. 

• Like 1

Way to go, that sounds like a great plan. :)

I agree with you about the weight loss competition. It focuses on the wrong aspects and encourages some unsustainable behaviours.

My advice, throw away your scales and do progress pics instead. That way you won't get fixated by the number on the scale and you'll focus on the more important parts. Like eating healthy (whatever that means for you), getting fitter, finding a balance that IS sustainable, and having fun while you do it.

Of course you don't have to do any of that, lol! That's just what I found worked best for me in the long term. It also stops you getting derailed when you feel like you've eaten nothing but lettuce and run 5k every day, but yet the scale doesn't move. Or worse yet, when it tells you you've GAINED WEIGHT. Eeeeeeeeeek!

That happens to everyone so be prepared and don't let it mess with you.

Have you found your way around the site ok? There's a new 6 Week Challenge coming up, it's a great way to get involved with the community and make some friends.

Let me know if you need any help xx

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously