Forums are back in action! ×

What's up party peeps!

I'm 32, live in Tulsa OK, and a long time PC gamer nerd.

I made a decision many years (and pounds) ago to lose weight, and initially was very successful. I went form 347 to 245 in about 3 yrs.

Giving up 4 Mt Dews a day and tracking everything I ate meticulously helped me out a lot. But alas, all good things must come to an end and I plateaued.

I maintained around that weight until recently (like 6 months ago recently but w/e) and have  started creeping back up.

I absolutely don't want to lose all the progress I've made so far, and I hate feeling tired all the time. 

I've been a long time reader of NF and lurked on the forums a few times.

Someday I hope to get really into some outdoor stuff, camping, hiking, rock climbing. I think I spend way to much time indoors.

I also enjoy cooking and have been doing the paleo thing (or trying to :tongue: ) for about a year.

I'm hoping to revive some of my good habits and develop some new ones too

Some of my goals (subject to change of course) are:

Get back in the habit of waking up at 9am everyday

Find more ways to incorporate vegetables into my diet (at least 2/3 meals a day for starters)

Start up morning walks/jogs

Ditch the snacks at work

Be more social, try and meet new people, not be forever alone

• Like 1

Hi and welcome! You've made some good progress so far!

Some of the things you want to do "someday" like camping and hiking are doable right now.(I want to try indoor rock climbing) Freaked of heights so that is ONE of my "courage quests". :)

About vegetables- I too struggle with this so a few months ago I bought a nutribullet. Every single day I load it with some green leafy stuff (spinach or kale) cucumbers slices (always),a raw superfood powder (walmart sells), a whey powder (not paleo) some type a frozen fruit (strawberries or Blueberries) a handfull of walnuts/almonds and usually brewed ice green tea for the liquid.

This has helped me get added nutrients that I would otherwise not get. I still eat vegetables with my meals but this helps me get more.

I hope this helps some and I wish you much success!

• Like 1

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/67246

Level 2 Rebel Adventurer New to the Rebellion looking for friends and joining challenges

Questing (aka getting shit done)

Hi and welcome! You've made some good progress so far!

Some of the things you want to do "someday" like camping and hiking are doable right now.(I want to try indoor rock climbing) Freaked of heights so that is ONE of my "courage quests". :)

About vegetables- I too struggle with this so a few months ago I bought a nutribullet. Every single day I load it with some green leafy stuff (spinach or kale) cucumbers slices (always),a raw superfood powder (walmart sells), a whey powder (not paleo) some type a frozen fruit (strawberries or Blueberries) a handful of walnuts/almonds and usually brewed ice green tea for the liquid.

This has helped me get added nutrients that I would otherwise not get. I still eat vegetables with my meals but this helps me get more.

I hope this helps some and I wish you much success!

Thanks for the tips, I have actually started doing smoothies for breakfast just this week, mostly fruits and spinach. I've never seen the superfood powder, so I'll have to check that out.

I've recently tried roasted butternut squash and it's really good and simple to make.

• Like 1