Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I have been in the Nerd Fitness site for a very long time. I have started and failed many diets and exercise routines. I'm now 30, I'm 5'9 and 330 lbs

I have stayed away from the forums, because well I'm not sure I fit the Nerd criteria.... Not a comic fan, not a hard core star wars fan (good movies but that's it for me). I'm not a gamer. I'm a simple guy that love Jesus, trucks, fishing and my kids, maybe I would fall into the geek category. As I am big into multimedia systems you know kodi xmbc, and gadgets. None the less I've held out.

But maybe just maybe this is what I need....

I have an extreme case of plantar fascia that is killing me, so starting to work on that. But I'm just tired of being tired, tired of not being able to buy clothes, having to but the more expensive things like kayaks because I exceed the weight limit. Plenty of other things. I feel ok, I don't run out of breath or have issues like that, but my poor feet. And while I'm not ok, I'm not good. I'm good at just being ok.

I was just talking to my uncle and he was talking about taking 12 months and marking the calendar every day to improve. You can do anything for one year right!?

So like allot of fat people I have tons of "health" knowledge on clean eating and diets and all of these things.

So yes I want to loose weight, my real goals......

I want to be able to buy clothes at regular retail stores like Walmart and target (big sender I know) and know oay extra for the XXX's

I want to be able to do pull ups and push ups.

I would like to be able to jump a fence.

And I would like to complete a 5k this year.

Those are my current goals.

I mean yes I want to loose weight look good blah blah. But I feel like those are no goals and are beyond impossible to measure. So I want to get healthy and strong, the rest should follow.

So I bought a bike because my feet hurt and the plan is to start tomorrow.

I know I won't be able to do much. So the goal will be to complete Steve's stretch warmup....

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/01/09/warm-up/

Unless someone can recommend an updated version....

In the mornings, then to walk or bike ride for 30 min at night...

Until I can actually complete the entire warm up. Then I will do the warm up and bike ride in the morning and look at one of the Nerd Fitness workouts....

Diet starts tomorrow that is manageable and better than what I have been doing, but simple and easy enough to follow. Once I can make these things habit I can work on fine tuning it.

So I've told my friends and family before they never seem to care comment or anything. Maybe if I keep track here success and failure it will work out better....

Is this where I should track and post@

Well that's all for now, thanks.....b26ada01e2fe106613ae1b7eda7c60ca.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Did you start a Challenge or Battle Log thread?

Dustoff 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Human Rebel

Main Quest: Below 20% Body Fat  | Starting: 34% | Goal: 20% | Current: 32.5% |

14.3%
14.3%

Main Quest 2: Lose 50 lbs  | Starting Weight: 250 lbs. | Goal Weight: 200 lbs. | Current Weight: 246.5 lbs |

7%
7%

Nerds come in all shapes and sizes. :)  I've never read a comic book (Sandman is the only exception!) and could care less about superhero stuff, Marvel/DC/whatever, it seems like a lot of nerds gravitate towards that stuff but I never did!  You're a nerd if you feel you are and that's good enough, darn it. :)

Welcome and good luck with your goals!!  Remember to take things slow - fitness and a healthy lifestyle are a marathon and not a sprint - and you'll get wherever you want if you keep at it!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Thanks guys off to a horrible start these couple days. Going to figure out where to keep track and hopefully help keepyself accountable. A challenge sounds good, where are the battle logs?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

There is a section in the forums called Daily Battle Logs. You can create your battle log there. The challenges are great and you can join in on one at any time. No need to wait for the next one to start.

Dustoff 

Human Rebel

Main Quest: Below 20% Body Fat  | Starting: 34% | Goal: 20% | Current: 32.5% |

14.3%
14.3%

Main Quest 2: Lose 50 lbs  | Starting Weight: 250 lbs. | Goal Weight: 200 lbs. | Current Weight: 246.5 lbs |

7%
7%