Forums are back in action! ×

Brand new, but more in need of help than ever

My intro can be found in the intro section but I need the help of some rebels. I just lost my job due to some health issues that seem to be worsening no matter what I do. It was a good deal job with good benefits, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't do it due to pain and anxiety.

If you have some ideas, some suggestions, kind words, or resources if appreciate it. I have fibro and I'm doing my best to keep myself healthy but the swelling, pain, and migraines have become debilitating.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did you quit your job, or get fired?  Legally they can't fire you for having bad health unless they have given "reasonable accommodation" and you still can't do the job.  You're actually entitled to quite a bit of leeway, depending on job and local laws.

Go to a doctor.  If you are sick, you need medical care.  The doctor may be able to prescribe something that helps your problems.  If you are too sick to work, you need to apply for disability benefits, and that will require professional evaluation.

I would also recommend counseling or therapy for the anxiety.  The best kind is "cognitive" or "behavioral" therapy, which are aimed at giving you the tools needed to correct self-harming patterns in a matter of months.  "Psychotherapy" takes years and is fairly worthless in my opinion, unless you just want to have fun blaming your family for all your problems (which, to be fair, many people do find fun, but it's a rather expensive waste of time to do it on a shrink's couch).

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.