Forums are back in action! ×

Working on being like everyone I ever read about

I've been working on leveling up for a few years now - travel, running, better discipline for my business - but Level Up Your Life reminded me to apply leveling up to more areas, and to have more fun with it.

I've always been a huge bookworm (and movie fan), and so it was natural to put together my quests around all the characters I want to be: Daniel-san (a wimp who got strong + mad skillz), Tony Stark and Pepper Potts (two sides of the same coin: mad scientist and businesswoman), Nathan Rahl (wise in lore), and a lot more. Thinking this way, and setting milestones and goals, has really helped me get it together.

Right now I'm on my second four week challenge (but this is the first time I've posted here about it):

Physical

30-45 minute workouts three times a week

limit myself to 1 mile runs (I'm in my final weeks recovering from a hamstring injury)

Food

eat 100g protein, and 3 veg, per day

limit myself to 3 servings of carbs / day (yes, that's an improvement)

Languag

Study Irish 10 minutes a day, 3 days a week

So....hi. And, now what?

• Like 1

Another sword of truth series buff!!! Yes! I love Nathan Rahl! Such a smart and sassy wizard! Sounds like you are on the right track to becoming your own epic hero! Keep up the great work, and in no time you will be all leveled up!

Thanks! I'm sticking with the workouts and food, but ironically it's the Irish study that's causing me grief. It's possible I need a new mini-quest for the Rahl side of things...