Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there, Roo here

Why Roo? I tend to bounce when I'm happy.

Why Bamboo? I want to be strong and flexible!

I just joined the academy and wanted to come say hi and thanks to everyone in this supportive community, you all are the reason I decided to join! (I also want to be a badass assassin, haha)

I was always active but rarely actually fit and having a desk job makes me feel so sluggish it's silly. I had a major surgery on my shoulder last summer which really detailed my goals. Recovery is a great lesson in patience though and I'm slowly pushing myself further but I'm ready to have specific goals and add strength training.

Currently, I rock climb and boulder but I've recently been inspired to dabble in acroyoga which has been a lot of fun. Luckily there are a few community free yoga classes around town so I'm going to jump into that once my schedule opens up!

I'd love to connect with people since I'll be doing it solo, having a community can make such a difference.

So, tell me about yourself and feel free to ask any questions, fitness related or otherwise. I'm eternally curious and love to learn something new every day.

Oh! Also, I'm on instagram so feel free to say hi there too. You can find me at: s____green

Thanks for reading and go kick ass today!

1st Challenge â—‹â—‹ Iceland Trip

Hello and WELCOME!! ^___^

Having a community to be a part of makes SUCH a huge difference!  I'm still amazed at the things I've been able to achieve since I started becoming an active part of the NF boards.   It's a wonderful place to be!

Are you interested in joining the Assassin's guild?? :)  You'll need to complete your first 4 week challenge as a Rebel, then we'll present you with an eyepatch and a black cloak and give you the PIN code to our secret underground lair! XD

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hi there!  I had a friend growing up who also went by Roo, for the same reason.  :)  I hear you on the desk job.  Sometimes I'm on my feet all day in lab, but usually I spend a fair amount of time at my desk reading or writing, and ugh.  The slug struggle is real.  I've started doing hallway laps when I get sleepy, it seems to help!

My plan for getting through graduate school: Science, Lifting, and Knitting

Hi shaarawy! I'd love to join the assassins, going to do a rebel challenge starting next Monday! Can't wait to visit the secret lair!

Biochemcrazy, I'm taking a mini sabattical starting on Friday and will enjoy the time that doesn't have to be spent behind a desk. I'll do dips using my office chair or climb the stairs if I feel really sloth like.

I've been trying to spend time looking around the forums to get a handle on everything. I am curious what's tykes difference between a battle log and posting in your own challenge thread? Or are they the same?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

1st Challenge â—‹â—‹ Iceland Trip