Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all, 

I'm starting again (as so many of us have) but this time I'm heeding Steve's advice and making small adjustments. I'm 43 and have always been a little overweight. I gave up smoking 13 years ago when I woke up one morning and literally did not want to smoke anymore. Well, this year, I've had a similar epiphany with my weight loss and fitness. I just don't want to be that tubby guy anymore  :pride:

I ran a half marathon and a 5K endurance/tough mudder event last year and really enjoyed it.  Motivation (or lack of it) has always been my nemesis  :hopelessness: however as I said, I feel different this time. I just hope I can keep it up!

As for guilds I'm going to stay a rebel for a little while and see how I go.  I do have one question which I hope someone can answer or point me in the right direction. I've started the Beginners Bodyweight exercises but want to go onto the Advanced but how do I know when the right time is? I've only been doing them for a week and am certainly feeling it from a muscles point of view, but when should I move on? Or should I modify the Beginners workout to more reps, or slightly different exercise variations? Probably needs posting in a different forum I appreciate but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it  :joyous: Thanks for reading.

First off, huge congrats on kicking the cigarettes.  That takes lots of resolve! 

Sounds like that same motivation to stay smoke-free is fueling your fitness drive - I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!  

As for your fitness question, I'm definitely not the best person to answer (as I'm new myself) but I found the Strength 101 series to be very helpful in giving good benchmarks as to when it is time to move to the next challenging level.  It touches on body weight exercises and certain posts (such as the pull-ups/chin-ups one) discusses the steps you would take to work up to that exercise.

Race: Blood Elf | Class:  Warrior | Level: Noob

Battle Log

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." - A Midsummer's Night Dream