Forums are back in action! ×

Hail Nerds. Long Days and Pleasant Nights

Good morning,

Like Adam, the Warrior I just replied to a moment ago, I too am from Hoth, aka, North Dakota.  I enlisted with the NF academy yesterday, and joined the forum this morning. 

My background is in powerlifting, and I was competitive in it until last year.  I don't claim to have been particularly great at it, but I enjoyed it from 2010 to 2015.  At 232 lb bodyweight - lifting in the 242 class - my bests were SQ 402 lbs, BP 365 lbs, and DL 475 lbs.  I completed my "compete in a competition" quest, because I've done that already... and don't know if I will do it again.  I'm not hungry for powerlifting like I once was.

I get a lot more enjoyment, personally speaking, from being generally strong, very flexible, and feeling good, using my training as a crossover point to other activities -mostly outdoor stuff - rather than the sole pursuit of 1RM strength.  So then, in my interpretation of the classes, I chose to be a Ranger.  Coming into this site, I am currently down to 216 lbs, but I want to decrease my BF and lean out while getting way more flexible and better at fluid movement.  So maybe more of a Ranger / Druid hybrid.

I am also a Nerd.  NF offers the perfect platform to mix my training activities in with my penchant for things like Coup, Shadows over Camelot, Settlers of Cataan, Star Wars X-Wing, and computer gaming as well.  I like the parallel drawn between all the games I love and 'leveling up' ones life.

I have a tendency to be fairly verbose in writing... sorry.  The last thing I want to say is this;  One of the biggest issues I will overcome is 'diet'  Mine is terrible.  Girl Scout cookies and coffee for breakfast this morning, for example.  I know this is a paleo leaning site, but I am considering trying the vegetarian thing, using things like vegetarian protein mixes and seitan as my protein sources. 

Anyway, hello Nerds, glad to be here and looking forward to seeing how things go.