Forums are back in action! ×

Biked farther than ever

Saturday I participated in a bike ride as a part of the training series for the MS150 in April. I signed up for the 50-mile category. 

I went with my husband, and it was all lovely and inspiring until RestStop#4 (mile 38 - that was already farther than my last best of 36). After that, it became brutal. The strong headwind and uphill terrain - I was cursing, and it was extremely stressful. At the same time, very introspective. I kept thinking of short term distances to achieve - next goal: that postbox, or that pole, or that traffic signal. My husband was not doing great either - when we had five more miles to go, he said in his whiniest tone - "Why are you making me do this? I didn't even sign up for the 150."  :nightmare:

Neither of us suggested quitting, and neither of us wanted to stop - I've got some big ego issues when it comes to quitting. At some point,"Think of how awesome it'd be to post this in the Woot Room" crossed my mind. 

I believe we came in the last or maybe 2nd or 3rd from the last. Honestly, I do not care about that. Right now, I am not working on my time or my speed very much. However, worth mentioning is that my recovery was so much faster than before. I had a mild fever for a few hours but evening, I went for a dinner and next day went bowling. This is important because the 150-mile ride is divided into 2 75-mile rides over 2 days.

Anyhoo, here goes:

Fitbit screenshot

MapMyRide snapshot

PS: I am updating my progress bar below  :redface-new:  :redface-new:  :redface-new:

• Like 1

I am where I desperately wanted to be 3 months ago. I'll keep at it because I really like how I feel.

Starting weight: 173lbs

Goal weight: 133lbs 

Progress: 25.5 lbs so far, 14.5 more to go.

63.75%
63.75%

Bike progress: Personal best 76 miles, aiming for 100.

76%
76%

Thanks, Nater. I'm loving posting my mini-successes here.

Off-road biking sounds pretty badass!! All the best.

I am where I desperately wanted to be 3 months ago. I'll keep at it because I really like how I feel.

Starting weight: 173lbs

Goal weight: 133lbs 

Progress: 25.5 lbs so far, 14.5 more to go.

63.75%
63.75%

Bike progress: Personal best 76 miles, aiming for 100.

76%
76%