Forums are back in action! ×

Widdle Bitty Wootz

Did full basic BW workout...3 full circuits...to completion!

All of them were full range-of-motion as in the video (no knee-ups)...

All Squats were Prisoner Squats (tried them for first time)...

Added weight on bent-over rows.

Now to keep up and advance further! Still it feels good to meet my February Goal. Up next: Dumbbell Squats, swiss ball back extension (without falling off!) hold plank at full extension (on hands instead of elbow) and finding some method of doing inverted Rows.

Up the Irons!!!

Aww yeah......

MOAR IRONS!!!!

Thanks !! I guess I should ask the question while I'm here. Heard some folks talk about Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and was wondering, even though it took me some time to work up to the completion of the Beginner BW workout, if I am not sore after doing it, am I not doing enough to build muscle and strength or is it the nature of the exercises?? Any help on this would be great.

Thanks for the feedback! I only experienced DOMS the first two times I did the BW workouts. Since I'm not currently, my hypothesis is that I have discovered my 'native' strength level - as in, I have now achieved "baseline" - and it is now time to push beyond to achieve gains. This will probably involve more free weights as I advance.

MM - Thank you!!!

Full extension planks achieved @ 30 sec - 60, I'm comin' to get you! :)

Added 25lb dumbbell to BW squat for all reps

Pushed reps on Pushups to 12 per set

Inverted row achieved! (I lie down towards the front of a treadmill in the gym in my building with my feet on a stepper and hold on to the grab bar under the console and pull myself up) It looks silly as hell but feels like a good tough compound movement, especially difficult keeping the body straight, can only do like 4 right now but it's a start)

Up the Irons!

Congrats! I am constantly increasing my weights but am rarely sore. I workout 4-6 days a week for 45 to 60 minutes.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker