Forums are back in action! ×

Bro Asked Me For a Spot!

I was at the gym between classes today, and a dude benching 225 asked me to spot him for his last set of 5! There were lots of other bros in the area but he asked me! And he didn't try to hit on me afterward. He legitimately was like - that lady is buff as shit. She can spot me for 225.

This sooooooooooo made my day.

• Like 5

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

It sounds like you took the request without a second guess as well, which is far and away better than my first time lol. I remember this grown man asking for a spot when I was a teenager and weighed 125 soaking wet. I was probably not even benching my weight at that point, but any true weight lifter knows that they really only need about 5 pounds of assistance, maybe up to 20 if really struggling for that last rep, and the rest they can handle. The confidence new lifters can gain from the simple fact they helped a more experienced lifter is immeasurable and is sometimes more inspiring than seeing personal gains.

• Like 1